Night in Armor

Sahara couldn't help the smile as she faced her rescuer.

"Thank you," she told him honestly.

She got a grunt in response as Night turned to peek outside. "Looks like the coast is clear."

The Falcon omega let out a sigh of relief. The sting in her hand made her gingerly lift it to gaze at the wound from her fall. She cautiously probed at the bloodied area. A hiss escaped her.

A warm hand reached out and Night leaned to take a closer look. "Looks like a graze. You'll live."

Sahar blinked at him as he continued to hold her hand. Green eyes met hers and for the briefest moment, she thought she was looking at Terrell. She quickly withdrew her hand.

Night chuckled at her action. "Don't worry. I don't go for those who're already taken." A teasing smirk appeared as he leaned his face close to hers. "Or perhaps you're the one seeking?"

Sahara's face flushed in horror, her mouth opening to rush to her defense.

"I'm just teasing." Night turned to the door. "Besides," he shot back a cheeky grin. "No offense, but you're not my type."

"Neither are you," Sahara blurted, face still red.

Night's eyebrows rose. "Ah...wouldn't the Phantom be sad if he heard that?"

Sahara blinked before realization crossed her face. The two looked really alike, so the attempt at a comeback was very obviously a lie.

She bit her bottom lip, refusing to utter another word.

"Let's go." Night took a step to the door. When Sahara didn't follow, he paused. "You going to wait for them to come back when they realize they missed us?"

Those words got Sahara moving. She scurried after Night, following him into the abandoned street. Seeing there really wasn't anyone, she let out another sigh of relief.

"Thank you," she told Night again before turning in the direction they'd come from.

"Whoa there." A hand grabbed her by the collar and pulled her. "And where are you heading?"

"To get my board back," came Sahara's reply.

The grip disappeared.

"No offense, but are you stupid?"

Sahara whirled to find Night had an eyebrow cocked as he looked her up and down.

"Why is it that every time you say no offense you say something offensive?" Sahara asked.

"The prefix is more to be polite...lesson the blow of the offense," came the calm reply.

Sahara's eye twitched.

"I'll do you a favor and walk you home," Night told her.

For a split-second, Sahara wanted to decline the offer, but something told her that this was perhaps the safer way.

"Thank you," she said.

"You thank a lot," Night told her.

"I'm polite like that," Sahara shot back. "It beats offending people."

Night looked taken aback for a moment. The next, his face split into a grin. "We'll take me walking you back safely as atonement for any offense." He motioned. "Would you like to lead the way?"

Sahara did just that. She turned in the direction of home and Night fell into step beside her. The two walked in silence for a while. However, curiosity at this young man so similar to Terrell couldn't help but raise curiosity within the omega. She threw several glances in his direction, trying to catch a glimpse of his face without making it obvious.