Radio Silence

Sahara barely remembered the journey home. There were so many thoughts on her mind that everything was a blur. In fact, the only way she found her way was because Naomi was happily leading.

The moment Sahara and Naomi walked in the room Reagan leaped toward them. A few tuffs of facial hair were still firmly stuck in place. The gaps where he'd somehow removed some made him look very much like he'd lost in a scrap.

The younger twin, however, didn't seem to notice.

"Theodore pledged allegiance to Noctorious!" he blurted the words as though having waited hours to share them.

"I heard," Sahara replied as she put her board down.

"Noc-" Naomi tilted her head and squinted her eyes. Her lips tried to form the rest of the words. With a shrug, she turned and scurried to where Alegra stood.

"You heard?" Reagan repeated.

Sahara nodded, eyes scanning the Falcons. Each face was more solemn than the other.

"Can someone fully explain? Is there something in the Creed?" she asked softly. She'd given up trying to read the document with a million rules. Terrell's lack of caring had rubbed off on her.

Orion was on it. He pulled up a screen from his bracelet. "There's nothing official," he noted. "But then again, there's nothing against alliances either." He briefly looked at Alegra. "Rayne seems to have his hands too full to pay attention to internal affairs..."

Alegra nodded, the dark circles on her usually flawless face giving away the strain.

"So, what exactly does this pledging allegiance mean? Do they become one crew? Absorbed?" Sahara asked as she walked toward one of the couches. Mo looked up at her, meowed, and promptly began to purr. She stretched a hand to pet him.

"No." Arden was sitting cross-legged on another couch. He ignored his brother who plopped next to him. "Absorption is different. By pledging they keep their independence as a separate crew. Own politics, leader and so on. However, if Noctorious ever calls for them, they have to answer. Any request is basically a command."

"Example?" Sahara probed as she scratched Mo's head.

Orion took a seat as well, leaving only Alegra and Naomi to stand. "If they want the fourth Omega to race for them, he races. If they want to join forces for whatever reason, Noctorious gains control of the fourth omega and his crew."

"Basically, they're Noctorious' dog," Arden explained.

A high-pitched bark sounded from where Naomi stood. It was followed by a giggle when Alegra pinched her cheeks.

"How did it happen?" Sahara ventured.

"Rumors are that he lost in a race and they asked for allegiance rather than disbanding," Orion spoke.

"That doesn't make sense..." Lines formed on Sahara's forehead. "If it was a race for status, they have to disband regardless."

"Maybe it wasn't a status race?" Reagan suggested. "Other rumors said Noctorious attacked and had them at their mercy," he continued.

Sahara scowled. Theodore's face flashed through her mind. Not just him, but all omegas were independent. They weren't ones to submit. "Why would he do that?"

"Maybe the forth found someone he admires," Arden spoke. "Everyone banded together once before."

"Because we had a common enemy," Alegra's tired voice pointed out.

"The bigger question is," Orion cut in, "why is Noctorious doing this? Why are they gathering forces?"

"Looking for a fight?" Reagan cracked his knuckles.