I gasped.

Why in hell did I say that? Why in hell can't I watch my fucking mouth. I looked at them and all of them were staring at me with wide eyes, shock morphed on their faces.

Even Victor's emotionless face was replaced by a soft expression. I looked at Xavier and instead of his signature scowl, his face held sympathy.

That's what I hated the most. I didn't want their pity. All of this would've never happened if they had let me be with them rather than throwing me out.

As I was about to turn and leave, Victor's voice boomed in the deadly silent room.

"Wait," He said. "Sit," He continued pointing towards my usual spot.

I don't know if it was his voice that held a hidden rage or the expression I had seen on him face just a few moments ago but I found myself involuntarily following his command.

"What happened?" He asked. I know he was asking me to tell him about my hand but their was no way I was letting them know anything more.

"Listen Lila. If you don't tell me yourself, I've my sources and it won't take me an hour to find about it myself. The choice is yours,"

If he searches himself, there was a high chance he might find about John but if I tell him myself then I can easily feed him the lie, I had told everyone.

Why don't I want them to know about John? I don't know. Maybe in my subconscious mind, there was still little bit of fear of him due to which I didn't want anything to do with him.

"I fell while playing," After minutes of thinking, I finally said. They all nodded in understanding.

"I'd injured my hand. I told mom but she didn't really care and gave me a simple painkiller. I would tell her that it's aching but every time she just dismissed it.

"Then one day, the pain became intolerable. It was then she took me to the hospital. I don't know what happened but after that day, I couldn't use my right hand anymore."

They all looked at me with pained expressions. Too bad, I don't care.

"I guess I should leave now," I said and before Victor could stop me this time, I rushed to my room.

For hours, I just sat in room doing nothing. Sleep was no where near. And I was a bit thankful for somewhere deep down I knew that if I slept, I'll have a terrible nightmare.

I used to have them when I ran away from home initially. They were terrible, I used to wake up in a pool of sweat. But they reduced significantly over the years as I started busying myself in other activities.

Unfortunately they didn't vanish completely, I still have them whenever anything from my past is mentioned.

I looked at my clock and it read 22:17.

Great! It was past ten and if I didn't sleep now then I definitely wouldn't be able to get up for school tomorrow.

Knowing full well that I won't be able to sleep alone, I took my pillow and headed out to the hallway looking for the right room to knock.