Chapter Seven

Seven

Cai did like having you around. In the few days you had agreed to be nice, he decided to soften up a bit too—just for fun. If you're mean all the time, people stop being hurt by it. He didn't mind broken toys; he just didn't want them to break too soon. You had seemed surprised by his cordiality at first, but you grew accustomed to it. He still had his wit and sharp tongue, but he hadn't hit you recently. I'm so merciful, he laughed to himself.

You, on the other hand, were on the verge of rotting away and losing your mind. You hadn't done jack shit! You felt exhausted and tense all the time. The fear of being hurt had solidified into your skin—although it didn't seem so awful at the time, human bodies and brains decide for themselves what they're afraid of.

And you were afraid of being hurt. That didn't make you abnormal—most people were afraid of this. It was just weird how much you despised the fact that you already flinched at quick movements. You didn't like to think you were so pathetic.

You were also disgustingly bored. What were you supposed to do with all this stupid time anyway? You felt tired almost constantly and anything you tried to do didn't hold your focus for very long. You also didn't have much to do. You were starting to consider asking for a trade for a decent kitchen.

Just as you were about to sink deeper into your thoughts, Cai appeared in the dreary room. "(y/n), you should like to hear something," he spoke.

"....Ah, yeah, what's up?" you offered. Your brain took a second to remember how to speak.

"I am certain that your friend is going to strike a deal with me very soon. Isn't that exciting?" he asked, drawing closer to where you sat on the chair.

You shrunk back slightly, glancing at his hands and wondering what they would do in the coming moments. "Oh? ...Why?"

"He cares for you, dearest, don't you know that?"

"Of course," you said, glancing away from his face.

Cai leaned uncomfortably close and smiled, "I just thought you'd like to know. You're lucky to have such a loving...friend. It'd be a pity if you didn't feel the same for him." He finished the sentence with a stroke on your cheek and a kiss on the forehead before standing back up.

You hated that. You hated that! People normally weren't so affectionate—your body yearned for contact constantly, you craved any sort of care, but why him? Why did this monster have to be the one that put serotonin in your dumb brain? Why did it also make you sick? Well, that one was easy actually. You were sure that after these "nice few days" were over, you'd resist somehow, but for now, you just had to...accept the nice feelings along with the nasty ones. You closed your eyes to rid yourself of the thoughts you wanted ... you wanted to be held. You wanted someone to comfort you. You only thought of him because he was so touchy-feely already, that's it.

Cai smiled proudly at your obvious internal struggles. He jokingly checked his watch and straightened his shirt, "Well, I don't want to be late. I'll be back soon, keep the bed warm, won't you?" And he disappeared in a flash.

You shuddered at his parting words, suddenly very grateful that he hadn't tried to sleep with you. Rest rest rest rest in the same bed I meant fucking rest!

You wanted to put a stick in your brain and stir it into pieces so that you didn't have to think about things anymore.

.x.x.x.x.x.