Six

Six

            The bed, again. Thank goodness for this one small comfort. You closed your eyes again, not ready to face the truth of your current predicament. Consciousness had almost left you when you felt something—someone—at your side, tugging on your arm.

            Ugh. Maybe if I pretend to be asleep, He'll leave me alone, you thought. You didn't want to acknowledge him shifting closer.

            However, when he softly pressed his lips to your shoulder, that was too much to ignore. You sat up immediately and moved away, "Don't touch me!" you snapped. You turned to look at him, only to see empty space where his body was supposed to be. You blinked twice before glancing around the rest of the mostly empty room. Where the fuck did he go?

            "I'm here," his voice sounded from behind you, making you flinch away again.

            "Could you stop that?"

            "What?" he said, the amusement in his eyes obvious as he watched you scoot away. "I thought we both agreed that you are simply not in any position to request anything."

            You rolled your eyes but held your tongue. It was odd how he was wildly intimidating but also verbally casual. It was like you were walking on eggshells—but in a kinda friendly way? It was stupid. He was horrifying and terrible, but also... a little charming?

            You internally gagged. Finding my great grandma's murderer charming. I'll put that on the top of my "reasons I'm going to hell" list.

            "What do we do now?" you asked, hoping that he'd actually answer this one.

            "I haven't really decided yet," he shrugged shifting to be a little closer.

            "I--," you stopped yourself. He wasn't going to tell you shit and you knew it.

            "what?" he pushed.

            You sighed. What would make him angrier? Asking the same things again, or ignoring him? "Well, I just still don't understand what you need me for, I guess. What is my life like now?"

            "You're so annoying," he frowned.

            "If you don't like me, then why am I still here?" you asked, hoping the question didn't instigate your own death.

            "Well," he smiled, his eyes seeming brighter. "You're not ugly."

            "That's shallow," you scoffed, turning away.

            He reached out and unceremoniously pulled you closer, "But it's true." You squirmed in his grip, not wanting to meet his gaze. "Doesn't it make you happy to hear that I think you're lovely?"

            "I don't know what to do with that information," you recited, giving up and going limp. You hoped your face wasn't visibly blushing. Most of your brain was calling his bluff—it was just bullshit to get you to lower your guard. "And that's hardly an answer, anyway. You can keep pretty things in a picture frame or a case if you want them so badly. "

            "Is that a suggestion?" he laughed, gripping you tighter.

            "No, it most definitely isn't!" you pressed your palms against his shoulders, trying much harder to get away.

            He let you go and shoved you to the ground. Childish, you grimaced as you felt old aches in your body woke up once again.