Two

Two

"That's ridiculous! I'm not sure if you knew this, but slavery became illegal a little while ago," you said sarcastically.

"Oh sure, for you guys perhaps. I, however, am not held to such standards. Why don't you try living as long as I do? You'd stop caring about stupid human laws too," he smiled as if he had something even remotely funny.

Willow continued to stay mute, but Alex had made it to your side now and held you close to him. Despite the situation, your face still became a little warm at the contact. Get a hold of yourself dumbass! This is no time to be thinking about—goddamit pay attention!

"I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but I won't let you traffic my best friend!" Alex said as you frowned.

Cai laughed again. "You don't seriously think that's what I'd do with her? I have no use for money. She simply belongs to me as a servant. I don't care about much else one way or the other. Now, hand her over or I'll tear this old woman to shreds right before your eyes."

"You'd be dumb to think I'd believe that," Alex spoke with less confidence than before.

"On the contrary, you'd be dumb to think I'm lying," the man's face fell to a neutral expression as he revealed his nails to resemble claws. He raised his hand as if to strike Willow right in the heart.

"Wait!" you shouted, pulling away from Alex. "Don't touch her, what's wrong with you?!"

"You could stop this all by coming along with me," Cai spoke. Really, this was all a game. He was fully capable of just snatching you away, but it was just more fun to watch humans wrestle with the fact that justice is a false concept and morality is just as fake.

"No fucking way, that old woman is almost dead anyway. You can't really expect I'd let you abduct (y/n) just to save someone with a few weeks of life left."

"Alex!" you snapped at him. You didn't care much for Willow, but you didn't want to see her murdered!

"I'll give you twenty seconds to make up your minds," he spoke, resting a claw on your great grandmother's collarbone. "Or maybe ten. I'm afraid I'm nothing but impatient."

"Stop—you can't just kill her!"

"I can, actually."

"I don't care. (y/n) and I are leaving and calling the cops," Alex grabbed you and pulled you to the door.

Like watching a train wreck, you couldn't keep your eyes off of the cruel man and your old relative. You were being pulled back, but you felt frozen. Just as he promised, Cai lifted his hand to attack. You tried shouting again but your voice was caught. Two differently colored eyes maintained eye contact with yours as Cai's hand tore into Willow's stomach. She tried to cry out but only managed a broken croak.

You screamed and struggled at Alex's tight embrace. He was frozen in spot just as you were moments ago. Cai's hands shredded Willow's throat and chest until most of her body was an unidentifiable mess.

"Stop! Let me go, let me go!" You screeched. Alex's arms only wrapped around you tighter as he pulled you away urgently.

You were a crying blubbering mess, but Alex had managed to pull you all the way out of the house and into your car. "Oh my god—" you managed to say. "Oh my god, what was—what just—"