Three

Three

Alex chased after you, jumping back into the driver's seat of the car while you sat in the passenger side with your head in your hands. He didn't even ask where he just started driving.

"What the fuck is going on?" you managed to speak. "I saw—We saw that. Please tell me you saw that."

"I saw that," he nodded. "I—I don't know what that man or thing was."

"What if my great grandmother isn't as delusional as I had hoped," you whispered.

"You know," Alex looked over with a small smile. "We'll burn that bridge down when we get there." You smiled back, tears falling harder. A laugh escaped your lips—you two used to say that all the time. No regard for the future, no caring about the past. Just burning down bridges when you come to them.

You always liked that idea.

Even if, especially at the moment, it seemed painfully reckless.

Eventually, Alex had driven the pair of you to a creek you two frequented often in your high school days. If you dug around, you were sure you'd still find some secret beers. Your lips curled upward momentarily at the thought.

"What do you want to do?" Alex asked, pulling the key out of the ignition.

"I have no idea. I feel like that man could pop up at any second."

"What even is he?" Alex shook his head. "I mean—just a horrifically strong man with claws? Who can also make old women believe that they'd sold away their relatives in their youth?" The two of you exited the car and stood by the creek, not wanting to sit on the damp ground.

"It seems impossible," you murmured.

"It is impossible," he sighed. "I wish that old bag of bones—"

"Alex."

"Sorry, that sweet, loving old great grandmother of yours had explained a little more a lot earlier."

"I never would have believed her. I still don't know if she was totally honest."

"Funny though... if she was telling the truth, you wouldn't exist if that demon hadn't bought your soul 70 years ago."

"Not funny," you glared.

"A little funny," he shrugged.

"Not funny! What if he comes and kidnaps me!"

"Well, you have to admit—"

"No—"

"He was kinda—"

"ALEX!"

"--Super attractive"

"Alex oh my god I'm going to kill you!" you felt like crying and laughing. "He just killed my old hag relative gruesomely!" You felt sick as the words came out of your mouth.

"(y/n). She like, sold you away before you were born. I get the feeling that maybe a slightly premature death isn't the worst thing," He frowned. "And he was hot, you're just afraid to admit it."

"Fine, god, he was... pretty."

"Hot."

"You're pushing it, you filthy slut," you punched his arm.