Chapter 23: Rest in Peace

Start from the beginning

The girls discussed to have a small funeral service in the church and bury her in the graveyard. The boys also agreed with the plan, but no one wanted this to do wholeheartedly. They wish this will remain as a bad dream and a bad memory in their minds but unfortunately reality just slapped them way too hard for them to get confused between dream and reality.

No one slept that night and each of them just tried to run away from their bad reality. The boys were guilty to face Chen, Jiah and Hye Joo because they are the ones who were deeply hurted. Jongdae went to the church after so many years to relieve himself. Sehun can't stop his tears for his favourite Noona would not be there to stand by his side.

Suho being the leader tried to calm down everybody who were crying. Xiumin went with Chen to Church with the fear that he might do something crazy in his current mindset.  D.O being the only sane person in the house tried to calm down everybody. He went to the girl who he really likes from his heart and sat beside her. She did not do anything just staring at the photo placed in front of her.

고은신
920707-160906

Devastated by the way she is looking, his heart felt something weighing on him. He grabbed her hand and took her outside for a breather.

" I know you have been dying to cry for your best friend but you couldn't do it in front of my members and your mother. That's why I bought you here so that you don't need to compress your feelings. Tonight I will be on standby to guard your feelings so that you can feel however you like. You can beat me if you want to" he said.

But after speaking the heart out of his words he felt someone hug his back and felt his shoulders becoming wet.
He turned around to see Hye Joo  crying and he swore that his heart broke at the sight of the scene in front of him. He just engulfed her in his arms and lend his shoulder and ears to hear her miseries.

"I--I should not have let Unnie to s-speak her last words. I s-should have left Jiah to call the doctor" Kyungsoo was shocked after hearing the new fact. "What did she say? Say it out if you are comfortable with it."

"Unnie wanted to give Chen Oppa a letter. She spoke like it's her last talk. She also told us to be careful of many things" Hye Joo buzzed. "It's all my fault. If only I took care of Unnie's illness with all my heart. I couldn't take care of her properly because I worked day and night to take care of things and Jiah was also went to work. We left Unnie be lonely and became selfish for our own intentions. If only I could've have taken good care of her..." She coughed and gave in his arms.

"There there, it's okay to be not okay. Listen. You have done the best for your Unnie and she also knows your situation. God takes away people from this Earth at an early age because God loves those people than we do. So don't worry, Eun Shin noona will be fine in the heavens". He could only say this much to her because she should not find it burdensome.

"Oppa. Is it my fault that I did not take care of Unnie?" Hye Joo asked him." No. See, she knows your condition and you also tried your level best. So it's not your fault." She leaned on his shoulder, she couldn't help but cry for the soul of the deceased best friend.
He being the patient king, heard all her small shaky miseries and patted her back like a mother and gave her some of his courage.

They stayed like that for a good time until Xiumin came and disturbed them " Sorry for interrupting you guys but we need to sleep at least for an hour so that we could be active until tomorrow's funeral service finishes. Suho is calling us all to sleep in". "What about Jongdae?" Kyungsoo asked. "He's no good. He is still the same."

Guiding her petite figure inside, he felt that she had gotten slimmer after the kidnap and after this incident. Kyungsoo made a mental note to make lots of Kimchi Spaghetti for Hye Joo to eat after all this commotion ended.
______________________________________
Next Day