Since You Been Gone: Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

"I love you baby" Que said to Dawn.

"I love you too poppa."

Dawn was then hooked up to the machines; she had a contraction every 3 minutes. The doctor came in, checked Dawn and she was ready to push.

"I think this little bundle of joy is gonna make her appearance rather soon." the doctor announced.

"Oh my God" Que said, as he started to panic.

Even though Que was getting ready for the birth of his daughter, it didn't hit him until then that it was happening.

"I'm going to be a father!" Que laughed.

A wave of overwhelming joy spread throughout his body. It travelled down his arms to his fingertips; from his chest to his feet and down to his toes.

"I'm gonna be a daddy!" he had to sit down because he felt so faint. He thought he might need a wheelchair.

"Yes, the baby will be coming pretty soon," the doctor answered.

Que gripped Dawn's hand tightly. About five minutes later, three nurses came bursting in the room. Dawn's breathing became more ragged and heavier. Her head was beaded with sweat. A short, blonde nurse reached across and dabbed a towel against her head.

"Aaaahhh!" Dawn suddenly screamed. "It's coming! It's coming! Hold me, Que! Hold me!" she roared. She squeezed his hand tighter until he felt his circulation almost being cut off. The doctor started shouting orders to the nurses around him.

"Nurse Ryans, get me the disinfectant soap! Quickly please! Nurse Andrew, please bring me some gloves!" The two nurses ran out of the room saying, "Right away Doctor!"

"Mr. Mosley, I'm going to need you to wait in the waiting room, please!" the doctor said, bustling Que aside.

"No," DAWN gasped, her head lolling from side to side. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head. "No, let him stay. I want him with me!"

"Ma'am, it will be too crowded in the room..."

"No!" Dawn shouted. She yelled it with so much force that the doctor jumped. She ignored the look on the doctor's face, and instead turned her attention to Que.

"Come by me, Poppa!" she smiled. The nurses came back with a big box of gloves and a small, pink bottle of hand soap. The doctor washed his hands, put on the blue mouth guard and stepped into his blue cover jacket.

"Just stand here and hold her hand, okay?" Que nodded, and walked over to Dawn's side. She looked in so much pain and he wanted to do something to help her, but he didn't know what. He kissed her hand gently and wiped her sweaty hair off her face.

"Push!" the doctor ordered. Dawn began straining and screaming. The sound was unpleasant to Que's ears. He help her hand helplessly and stared at he contorted face.

"Push!" the doctor ordered again. This went on again for about 25 minutes until Que heard a small cry. His head snapped up and looked in the direction of the nurses. His baby was here! Que stood up, but Dawn continued to hold onto his hand.

"No," she choked out weakly. Que reluctantly sat back down. Que's heart jumped up as he stared at the beautiful baby in the doctor's arms. The baby was wrapped in a soft, velvety blanket. Tears welled up in Que's eyes. "Can I hold her?"

The doctor nodded and leaned forwards to hand the baby to Que. He looked down at his baby's beautiful medium-toned butterscotch skin. It was flawless and soft. Her eyes were bright with the lights that filled the room. Her little fists clenched as her lungs filled up with air. She screamed and bawled her lungs out. As she yelled, he noticed deep dimples forming in her cheeks.

"Let me see her!" Dawn said. Que walked over with pride as he held his first-born in his arms. He handed the baby down to Dawn as her eyes sparkled with tears. She stroked the baby's face lovingly and shushed it.

"She's beautiful" Dawn said as a tear slid from her eye.

"Yes, she has your eyes" Que said, falling in love with his daughter.

Dawn and Que couldn't believe they could create such a beautiful child.

"What are going to name her?" Que asked

"How about Destiny Angelique Mosley" Dawn answered

"I love it" Que said, smiling.

He looked at his beautiful daughter and fiancé and felt his world was complete...

*There's been quite a bit of love with the birth and the wedding coming up, so I thought I'd shake it up with some drama in a couple of chapters, continue reading to find out! It gets VERY crazy! Vote and Comment please!*