"Yep she's under there!" Lucas says

"Hey Riley do you think you could go get Penelope?" Said the male voice

"Yeah sure!" Said a female's voice

After a while I started to zone out due to exhaustion. I never thought that sleeping in an abandoned building would get me caught by a giant so easily. I had never been caught! And now I was hiding under a couch in a giant's house!

"Umm excuse me?" Said a voice

I was so startled from the voice I jumped. I opened my eyes to see... another human? Another human was standing right next to me! It was a girl, she looked a bit younger than me and had pure white hair and blue eyes.

"Uh hi! My name's Penelope!" She said

"Penelope?" I asked

"Uh yeah! That's my name!" She said looking a bit uncomfortable.

"I just wanted to tell you that you can come out! You don't need to be scared of those giants! It's perfectly safe!" She said

After she said that I clenched my jaw. She was with them. They manipulated her! I just met this girl and I already couldn't trust her. I slowly move my hand towards my boot hoping she wouldn't notice as she continued to talk.

"So um yeah!" She said

I instantly leaped towards her with my pocket knife, holding it against her throat.

"Why. Am. I. Here?" I said slowly

"Ok there's no need for this!" She said in a calm tone
"Why don't we just put the knife down!" She said a bit more loudly

"Let me ask you again, Why am I here?!" I repeated myself

"Because your a rescue silly! They found you so that you don't get caught by other giants" she said

"I didn't need rescuing" I told her
"I was perfectly fine on my own!" This time I was yelling

At that moment the couch was lift in the air and moved away. In the place where the couch was four giants starring down at us. I was frozen in fear and I removed the knife from her neck. As soon as I let her go she turned and ran towards the giants! One of the giants who was a girl and had blonde hair put her hand down, picking up Penelope. My back was against the wall. I had no where to go, I was trapped.

Lucas took a step towards me. This only made me press myself against the wall even more. Even though I had my weapons on my body I couldn't move a muscle. I couldn't even utter a word telling him to stay back! He continued to take a couple steps towards me.

"Hey your ok! Your safe here and have nothing to worry about!" He said in a soft tone.

I had been so zoned in on his voice I didn't even notice he was close enough to pick me up, until it happened. When I snapped out of it his large digits were already surrounding me. Then he began to lift me up. I began to panic not just because I was in the hands of a giant but because I was so high up! I started to breath extremely fast. I was almost 100ft up in the air and I was a little bit shorter than Lucas's pointer finger! I felt like I was gonna pass out.  I started looking around frantically until I looked straight into his eyes. Dang it Harper! He slowly started to bring me up to his chest.

"Your ok, no ones gonna hurt you" he whispered

My breathing started to slow down.

"So uh you done with your bonding session?" Said a male giant with black hair and green eyes.

Both Lucas and I seemed a bit startled from this. I forgot about the other three giants standing there!

"Oh yeah" Lucas said with a smile