5) Happiest March on Earth?

It's traditional at every Disneyland celebration to have a parade down Main Street. And there aren't many Main Streets left where you can see a parade. -Walt Disney

Things were starting to take form as the Disneyland Band lined up to march out to the plaza to start the "Happiest March on Earth." Their regal uniforms all bright and shiny like the instruments they played. Behind a pair of large gates that lead inside Sleeping Beauty Castle, a bunch of character actors stood waiting for their cue to walk out and join them in a march down Main Street U.S.A. Brendan was among these character actors, but he kept the Mickey headpiece off, as he found it irritating. The list of irritations went farther than that, as he felt the big shoes were a bit clumpy, it was intensely hot under all the layers of clothing, and when he had the headpiece on, it limited his vision.

He was the only character to have his headpiece off. Other characters around him included many of Mickey's usual group of pals, such as Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and lastly, Chip and Dale; whom remembered Brendan's face from their encounter from the previous day. They behaved accordingly around him, as if to insinuate that he would potentially snarl at them again. Brendan took notice and rolled his eyes, wishing that he didn't have to be in this predicament, again. Chip playfully points to the Mickey headpiece lying on the floor and panickily brings his hands up to the sides of his head. Almost as if he was freaking out about Brendan not having the head on. Brendan didn't do anything, and just let the large chipmunk swing two of his four fingers back and forth to indicating that he was keeping an eye him for his shifty attitude. Brendan just hissed and lifted the headpiece back onto his shoulders, just as the call came out for the band to start marching out.

Marty came walking up to Brendan just as he was hooking the strap under his chin. He wiggled his lower jaw to find some contentment with the uncomforting strap, only for Marty to come up to him and distract him. Brendan could barely see his slim body and dorky glasses through the cloth of the eye covers.

"How do you feel in there, Brendan?" Marty inquired with a tone of uncertainty. He knew Brendan wasn't all too happy about being the mouse and knew to be patient with him. He could hear him grumbling behind the cheerful, static smile of the mouse's bust.

"Like an over-heating fool! I swear, this is ridiculous!"

"I promise you. It'll be nice and quick." Brendan glared at his supervisor with an un-convinced expression. "All you have to do is the bit of choreography, wave to the kids, and pose for a few pictures at the end. That's all."

"That doesn't sound quick" the young lad groaned, still irritated by the chin strap tugging under his jaw. "And this headpiece doesn't feel very nice."

"Just loosen the strap, it's completely fine."

"Yeah. You say that now while I'm static" Brendan barked anxiously. "What happens when I start dancing and prancing around like a magical pixie horse?"

"Trust me. All that moving around and waving at everybody will ease you're worries. Haven't you ever been in a parade before?"

"No!"

"Well then, this should be a very exciting moment for you." He said it with a sincere smile, confident that Brendan would take off that headpiece at the end of the parade with such jubilant energy that he would wish to be Mickey more often. At least, that what he thought would happen in his best version of reality. "Now, the band is just about ready to introduce Mickey and his pals. Let's get you into position."

Brendan was dragged by Marty to the back of the character line-up. He almost lost balance and the head shifted a bit, making Brendan even more irritated. Soon enough, they walked out past the two large gates where the characters were ready to skip out to the plaza to join the band. As Brendan stepped out, he heard a couple little children scream out Mickey's name nearby. Brendan looked over to where the sound came from, only to see a few three to four-year-olds bouncing with joy at the sight of everyone's favorite mouse. Seeing their excitement made him, not smile exactly, but gulp and press his lips thin with stress and anguish. As if he was embarrassed to be out in the open in the costume, even though no one would know who is under the headpiece. Matter of fact, most people wouldn't even think that there was an actor underneath. Whenever you see Mickey, you just assume its Mickey, no matter how old you are. So, Brendan gave a small wave to the pair of children, making them squeal with innocent laughter.