14) Flights and Fights

"The worst of us is not without innocence, although buried deeply it might be."

-Walt Disney

The night air seemed to have a calming effect as our cast of heroes flew through the sky. The clouds were starting to clear, allowing the moonlight to shine down on them. A soft blanket of clouds lay below them, making the scene before them very serene and beautiful. All the characters admired it, as did Bobby and Lizzie, making them feel happy. 

"Hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!! C'mon, Blair!" Tigger cheered, finding it quite exciting to be flying. "Let's do some loop-de-looper-en!" Muchu and Brer Rabbit joined the excitable stuffed tiger, doing all kinds of air tricks. Blair and Piglet were hesitant to join, but it didn't take long for each of them to join in the fun. Blair and Tigger especially had to help Piglet feel comfortable having fun whilst flying in the air. Nearby, Bobby stayed close, making sure that his niece was safe and not drifting too far away. 

Behind them, all the adults have a moment to talk. Brendan was still surprised by the exotic woman who had saved him. He eyed her from behind as she steered her flying fish-like vessel through the air. "After all that just happened, and you're not going to say thank you?" said Flower, breaking Brendan from his thoughts. He turned to glare at the innocent-looking skunk as he sat up behind him. Kida smirked a bit, thankful that, at least, someone was thinking about it. 

"C'mon, son" Jiminy urged, to which Brendan finally turned to the Atlantean Princess. He started very shakily, as if he didn't necessarily want to acknowledge that a Disney character had saved him from danger. "Look uh... thanks." Kida chuckled slightly and answered the young blonde, "You can thank me by bringing our friends back." Brendan didn't like her response, mostly because it reminded him that most of the characters were salty with him because of what he "supposedly" did.

"Yeah, okay. Sure" he replied unenthusiastically. "Except uh... I don't know how to do that!"

"The wizard and Minnie said all you need to do is believe," Kida said sharply. "Yeah, which is better said than done" Brendan sassed back. All the while, Lizzie was still trying to figure out what was going on. In a short period of time, she had been hunted and chased by a prehistoric creature, interacted with animated characters that should not be this real to her, and had seen her apartment's wall blown open. She had been thrown a lot and was hoping that someone would explain what was happening. She flew closer so she could talk with them.

"I'm sorry," she said with an aggravated voice, "would someone care to fill me in on what's going on? I mean, what's up with the terrifying dinosaur? Why was I talking with a stuffed tiger and cricket that doesn't even look like a cricket? And how the hell am I flying?!"

"Ho-ho-ho" Jiminy chuckled, "you're flying Lizzie because of your happy thought of course!" Lizzie appreciated the answer, even though it wasn't the answer she was looking for. "I know that part, but why is it suddenly possible?"

"You can thank your friend for that," said Kida, and continued to simplify why. "He dreamt that Mickey and other characters disappeared. His dream came true, and now it is up to him to bring them back before we all vanish from existence." Lizzie remained completely silent as Kida explained, but her interest soon turned into a frazzled state. "Wait, what!?" she exclaimed, not believing it entirely. Bobby heard her and joined the discussion.

"I know. Crazy, right?" Brendan sympathized, but Kida was not having any of his excuses. "What's crazy?" Bobby inquired, only for Brendan to reexplain why all that was happening is just bonkers and completely out of his control.  "This is not crazy!" Kida exclaimed, "this is serious. Which is why I'm now coming with to make sure you fix all this."