Chapter 57 The Stage is Set

Start from the beginning

"........doughtnuts!!!! Yes, this is a blissful time only achieved through personal time alone. Doughnuts, doughnuts......oh doughnuts. So delicious!!!!"

Little did Yozora know, he left his door a bit open. Shinobu, Onui, and Nora were curioud about the singing so they wanted to see the source. They were slightly chuckling to themselves as they never saw Yozora THIS happy. After seeing this, they decided to walk back to the front of the workshop.

"Oh my, oh my~. Who knew that Yozora-kun had such a cute side? It was kind of surprising."

Onui and Nora both nodded. They knew Yozora loved sweets, but they didn't know he loved them to that extent.  As the girls sat down, Shinobu decided to tease the girls out of boredom.

"Onui-san, i'm very curious about something. When did you start to like Yozora-kun?"

"Four years ag- wait a minute!!!! W-w-why are you asking me that all of a sudden?"

"Wow, four whole years. I didn't know you were that interested, Onui-chan."

Nora and Shinobu both smiled as they looked at Onui's red face. Though they were both curious since Onui knew Yozora the longest.

"Well.....it's because......of his dream. He always said he wanted to be a Hero of Justice. So my gramps trained him in swordsmanship. Then one day after his training me and him had a talk."

~Flashback, 4 years ago~
Yozora was walking back to Muramasa's old workshop. Him and the swordsmith were done training so they decided to take a break. When Onui saw them she saw Yozora had a big bruise on his face.

"Yozora, are you sure you want to go through with this? At the rate you're training, Gramps might kill you before the demons."

"That may be true, but i still want to be a hero who can save everyone in front of him. I know as i am now, i can never be that type of hero. So right now, i'm training for a selfish goal i have now to keep myself motivated."

Onui was surprised at what Yozora said. What type of goal does he have that would make him want to continue this hellish training.

"Onui, my goal is simple. Its something i can do now and as i go through my journey. My goal......is to be YOUR hero of justice."

~Flashback ends~"That warm smile on his face and the fact he wanted to be strong to protect me

~Flashback ends~
"That warm smile on his face and the fact he wanted to be strong to protect me. My heart couldn't help but race after that."

Nora and Shinobu both smiled at Onui. They could tell while they would get along, they may have a rival along the way. As for why they are rivals, even they couldn't understand. Soon Nora wanted to ask Onui something that was on her mind.

"By the way Onui, i'm curious. What were your parents like?"

Onui was quiet for a moment. She never really talked about her mom and dad a lot. Nora saw this and tried to apologize.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry."

"No it's alright. I don't really have anything to hide. You see my mother was eaten by a demon, so I took Tasuke with me and ran away."

Onui remembered that night well. Tasuke was still just a baby and she had to carry him while running away for her life. Soon Shinobu looked at Onui with a curious look.

"Onui-san, what about your father."

"You see......my father was the demon that ate my mother. He was human at first, but when i came back home one day i saw him eating my mother and i ran away."

Nora and Shinobu gave Onui their condolences. For her to see all that with her own eyes, its a miracle she can still have a smile on her face. Though Shinobu was left with one thought.

"If he's a demon, then that means one of the members of the corps might run into him."

~In Kyoto~
A single man is seen walking through the streets of Kyoto at night by himself. A stranger walked up to him trying to steal his money.

"Oh, you want to rob me of my money. Man, you really have low expectations."

Suddenly the man stabbed his hand through the robber's chest. The robber looked down and saw that the man's skin almost looked like steel.

"See this is the difference between you and i. You wanted to steal my money and that's it. You see i want more than that. I'd want to steal your money, your status, your woman, and even your life. Though even that wouldn't be enough satisfy me."

Soon the man took his hand out of the robber's chest as he walks away. As he did, he licked the blood that was on his hand.

"Damn, that human tasted awful. Oh well, i'm sure i'll fine someone worth eating soon enough. Then again, i'm just one greedy bastard."