Grave Keeper: Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

In the end, Chiron admitted that he had no clue why exactly Gray and Musashi could exceed their Perimeters aside from the fact that they were abnormalities. There were still things he didn't know, but he assured them that it shouldn't matter too much— in fact, it could be a good thing that they weren't held back and could continue to grow stronger.

Gray's grip on Add tightened as she gazed ahead of her— there was no time to get lost in thought again. She adjusted Add in her hands before Midoriya rushed forwards, intending to strike the upperclassman. In an almost comical manner, the blonde's clothes fell off of him, startling almost everyone involved and Jiro screamed, hands moving up and covering her face.

"Ahh! Sorry! My Quirk makes things like this difficult, you see!" Mirio said as he pulled his pants back on and Add cackled. Midoriya regained focus quickly, aiming a kick for his head, but his leg phased through Mirio. The blonde just smiled.

"Straight for the head, huh?" he asked as he turned to look at Midoriya. A jet of acid from Ashido, Ayoma's laser, and a shot of tape from Sero phased right through him as well before they hit the rock formation behind him. A cloud of dust was kicked up and when it cleared the blonde had vanished.

"He's gone!?" Iida cried and Gray tensed. A cry from Jiro made her pivot quickly as Mirio appeared behind her and the others.

"I'll start with the long-ranged ones, then!" the upperclassman declared, grinning. He lept into action and, in a time span that had to have only been a few moments, he had taken out all of the long-ranged Quirk users— and the close-combat ones that were closest to them.

"Mirio Togata," Aizawa remarked from the sidelines, "In my opinion, that one's the closest one to becoming the Number One Hero. Even more than many of the Pros."

Gray felt her eyes spark again and she took a breath, the green coloration flashing orange as Mirio turned to her and the rest of the close-ranged students.

"I have no idea how he's doin' it!" Kirishima exclaimed, bewildered but she only shook her head.

"It's Permeation," Gray told them and Mirio's eyes widened a bit. "The ability to spread through something otherwise solid."

Astolfo smirked as he adjusted his footing. "In other words, he's like us, just less flashy!"

"Don't be rude," she shot back before her eyes narrowed. "He's strong, but not invincible."

"Right," Midoriya agreed, "He'll be using a direct attack to get to us if we aim for that exact moment to counter-attack we should be able to touch him!"

"Ooh! Thank you!" Kirishima praised, "Library-Bird Gray and Free-From-House-Arrest Midoriya are back on the clock!"

Mirio only grinned. "Try and find my weakness then!" he called as he rushed at them. He suddenly vanished into the ground and Gray made a hand motion to Astolfo.

"Watch my back with Add," she told him before she closed her eyes.

Movement, shadowed figures, and light danced behind her eyelids before stabilizing. Mirio appearing behind Midoriya, Midoriya predicting the attack but failing to land a hit. Midoriya getting taken down before Mirio submerged again. Mirio appearing behind Iida before taking him and everyone else out.

Midoriya grunted nearby and she planted Add into the ground, swinging her leg out on instinct.

"Yikes! You're fast, ain't ya?" Mirio exclaimed and she felt a cold sensation around her ankle. Her eyes sparked from behind her eyelids again and she felt Add click twice.

She pulled her leg back and leaped away. The images fizzled out before being replaced with something else. She needed to keep his attention on her for Midoriya to come up with a plan that would work.