chapter 29

Maddie POV

“Maddie”, Peter says and walks up to me I wait for him to continue but he just stares at me his mouth opens then he hesitates.

“I…um”, he says I raise an eyebrow.

 “Don’t get killed”, he says then vanishes.

“Um does any of you know just what happened”, I ask and look behind me where Felix is holding the box.

“Nope, now are you ready”, Felix asks and I nod.

“Okay when I give the signal start acting afraid or pissed just do what Pan told you and we will do what we were told”, Felix says and I nod again they walk me out of the cave and the lost boys gasp, what? They’ve never seen a girl who has came to Neverland who was lost, then became a pirate then turned into a mermaid before?

When we reach near the lake Felix gives the signal I start banging on the glass and moving around I see the mermaid Pan tied up before look up and she looked so dry.

Then Felix and Will dump me in the water and I swim up and look confused.

“What are you doing, Pan-“ he cuts me off.

“I know what Pan said b-but I can’t let him hurt you”, he says, wow his acting is really good it’s like he actually means it.

“What do you mean”, I ask him.

“I know mermaids are beautiful but you- you are stunning, I feel like I’ve known you forever but I know I can’t get to know you but please just go before Pan finds out”, Felix says I look up and Will and he nods and I swim under the water I see them leave and I swim up to the mermaid.

She looks at me, “What are you doing”, she whispers you could hear the lifelessness in her voice.

“What does it look like”, I say and I untie the rope and she falls into the water then comes back up and stares at me. 

“Why did you help me, who are you”, she asks.

“I came here, I was a mermaid here once then I was trapped in a portal that went to the enchanted forest”, I say, I have no idea what the enchanted forest is Pan told me to say it.

“Then I got back finally, but then released how much this has changed so many more lost boys Hook is back with some girl and I came to the lake but I got taken by Pan he started asking questions about this dust that I had no idea about he thought I was lying so he was going to kill me but then that boy, Felix I think his name was and another boy came and saved me and now I am saving you”, I say.

“But why did you save me”, she says.