chapter 32

Maddie POV

Am I dead? I can’t tell? Sometimes I can hear what’s going on around me, but sometimes I go to a flashback, like now..

Flashback

“Maddie what do you want to do when your older”, my grade 4 teacher asks me I look up at her and looked at my table group as they stared at me and the rest of the class was doing their work.

“To go to Neverland so I can’t grow up and won’t have to worry about grown up stuff”, I say and my table group giggles.

“That’s not possible”, my teacher says I look up at her and push my eyebrows together.

“And that is why you don’t believe, so you will never know if it is real”, I say and she crosses her arms.

“And you believe”, she asks me.

“Miss if I didn’t believe I wouldn’t be the same person I am today”, I say and she chuckles.

“What evidence do you have”, she says and I roll my eyes.

“You don’t need evidence that’s the point in believing and then the shadow will take you”, I say and smile.

“You are not going to get anywhere if you believe in that”, she says and sighs.

“Oh no I will, that’s why I won’t end up like you, who tells kids not to believe. I will be in Neverland telling he shadow to come tell the kids not to stop believing”, I say and smile at the thought.

“I thought there were only lost boys in Neverland and you my dear aren’t Wendy”, she says.

“Just because my name isn’t Wendy doesn’t mean I’m not a Wendy in the inside”, I tell her and she sighs again rolling her eyes.

“I give up”, she says and walks away and I look out the window up at the sky.

Peter wouldn’t”, I whisper..

End of flash back

I don’t feel the same way as I did before, before I felt like I was dying but now it seems like I am almost asleep yet I hear and feel everything around me now.

What happened?

Where am I?

Why did I feel like, I won’t wake up?