Null and Annoyed Part I

Pure joy spreads throughout your body as you move to the happy beat of your favorite song. You're alone in the Speed Lab. You just had a training session with Barry and then you felt the need to do something else - and think of anything else other than how to stop Devoe.

You spin around for the twentieth time and then stop. The tall figure of Ralph Dibny is watching you from the other side of the room.

"How long have you been standing there?" you sigh, sweat running down your neck.

He grins and chuckles to himself.

"Long enough. Interesting moves you got there, tyro."

You point a finger at him.

"I know you're making fun of me! But I'm just gonna pretend like I don't and thank you."

He steps closer to you, arms crossed.

"That's a nice way of avoiding reality."

"For real? I'm not avoiding reality."

"Sure you are! You're keeping yourself occupied. If it's not finding other metas or putting away criminals, you're stealing my veggie dogs or shaking it off in the cortex." He stops unusually close to you. "But guess what, you can't shake it off..."

"Your babbling capacity really has no end." you mutter.

"Cause you don't really want to."

Your patience is constantly tested with this guy! And right now, you're not in the mood.

"Do I look short, green and wrinkly to you?" you exclaim.

He looks away from your eyes for a second to gaze you up and down.

"Well, the short part..."

"No! I'm not Yoda! There's no way I can tell what's in your mind, so just tell me what you're on about?"

"Time to pull the plug."

That wasn't any better.

"Huh?"

"Just do it."

"Sure, tell me how!"

He chuckles, impatiently.

"You've been wanting to for a really long time, so..."

"Okay, now you remind me of Kirk from Gilmore Girls!"

He frowns, not really knowing what to say to that.

"How?"

"Speaking in tongues, you are!"

Ralph smiles, meaningly, and puts his head to one side.

"See, now that you've mentioned him, you do sound a bit like Yoda."

"No shit, Sherlock!"

His impatience grows into a big scowl on his face.

"Your memory can't be this bad." he argues.

"Well, sorry, but I don't know what to..."

Just when you're out of ideas to continue this conversation, Cisco enters and ends it for both of you. Then you, Ralph and Barry are off to Orchard & Broome.

-------------------------------------------------

Outside apartment nr. 23, Ralph knocks on the door.

"Open up!"

"Okay, stick to the plan." Barry orders. He seems more frustrated than usual, as well. At Ralph. Not unusual. "We question him, we find Null, we cuff her."

"Got it. A little good cop, bad cop action."

"And what should I do?"

Ralphs eyes you over his shoulder.

"You can think of a plan B." he says with a plain face. "Not that we'll need it."

In the blink of an eye, as the door opens, Ralph is no longer with you. In his shoes stands Detective Joe West! And a rather pushy version of him at that!

"We got a couple questions for you scumbag!"

His face is inappropriately close to the grey-haired man's head. You roll your eyes.

"Hey, only my closest friends can call me that." the not-so-very-villain-looking man cackles loudly. You can't help but give away a laugh too.

"Word is there's a new cut person in town, who likes fancy jewels, last seen in this part of town. P.I. Barry Allen..."

Barry frowns.
"P.I. Barry Allen?"

"...and my assistant Y/n Y/l/n."

"Thanks a lot!" you exclaim.

"Show him." Ralph orders.

The man whistles when he takes a closer look at you. You cross your arms.

"Well hello to you, lovely lassie! You're as sexy as one gets..."

"Hey!" Ralph, or actually Joe, tightens his hold of the man and grits his teeth. "We'll have none of that here or I'll drag you to the station! Allen, show him!"

Barry takes out the picture of Null but the man claims not to know the blue-haired woman.

"I will mess you up for lying in my face! And for insulting my partner!"

"Partner?" you mumble. "I guess I got promoted."
"Ralph." Barry whispers.

"Ralph?" the questioned man wonders.

"There's no Ralph here! I'm Detective Joe West, the baddest dad cop..."

When the three of them are all occupied with the interrogation, you take the opportunity to look around. The sealing reaches high up and one particular thing catches your attention...

"Guys, I think I've found her."

Null sighs, cockily, before she floats back down.

"The deal's off." she says.

"Ralph, the cuffs." Barry orders as he walks up to you, hand reaching back against the Joe West-lookalike. "Cuffs. Now!"
Before you have time to think, Null presses one hand on your chest. The second after, you feel your feet leave the ground along with the rest of your body!

"What's happening?! Jeez, this is so cool and weird at the same time! Barry, help!"