The Last Veggie Dog

The Black Bison has been caught and that little girl is gonna be okay. Everything's calm again. You know DeVoe is after you and it's a scary truth. Still, not much to do about it right now.

Ralph pops his head inside the downstairs breakroom.

"Oh. You're here."

"Nice to see you too, Shaggy." you greet and he rolls his eyes.

He walks up to you.

"Just drop the Scooby Doo-thing, tyro. I may be tall, but I'm not skinny. I'm ripped!"

You can't disagree, but you don't have to let him know that.

"Actually, Caitlin told me you cheated with that - stretched to perfection!"

"Yeah, well, I'm still ripped."

You pour yourself a cup of tea with milk and honey.

"You did good last night. At the museum." you continue. "I especially enjoyed when you tried to be all hero-like and said 'that belongs in a museum'!"

You giggle uncontrollably and he smiles, meaningly.

"No, but, seriously." you add. "Barry sounded proud."

Ralph has his chin high in the air.

"You sound surprised."

"Well, can you blame me?"

"Ouch!"

"Your charm only stretches so far..." you continue.

"Double ouch!" Ralph exclaims. "Funny reference, though. Just for the record, I got in touch with my sensitive side and crushed a t-rex all in 24 hours! And what did you do?"

"Nothing. I'm completely useless!" you joke. "At least while I'm waiting for my test results."

Both of you reach for the last veggie dog. But when you stop to reflect on the moment, Ralph doesn't hesitate. He closes his eyes as he chews.

"Excuse me?"

"Sure thing."

He takes another large bite.

"That was mine."

He looks at you with a frown.

"I just took it."

"But you saw that I wanted it!"

"Look, only one of us was going to get it and that happened to be me." he argues. "'FYI, I've got dibs on these."

He starts to get under your skin. You're not having his condescending attitude!

"Hand it over." you say and put out your palm.

He stops chewing for a moment.

"No."

"Whatever happened to 'ladies first'?"

"Hello! Equal rights!"

You try to take it out of his hand and the two of you start to wrestle puckishly. Ralph puts his mouth to the part of the veggie dog in your hand. You feel your fingers become slightly wet.

"Are you for real?!" you cry out. "Give it to me!"

You put your hand on his arm to push him away. In the blink of an eye, your hand starts to vibrate. A big, y/f/c frequence wave throws Ralph to the floor. You gasp and look at your hand.

"That. Was. Awesome!"

Ralph holds his ears, looking up at you.

"What?!" he shouts.

--------------------------------------------

Team Flash concludes that you have the power to control sound frequencies. This means you can conjure sound waves from your hands and control all sounds. For example, you can create deafening sounds inside someone's head and mute a voice when a person's speaking.

"...Sound is just the force of billions of gas molecules colliding into each other." Cisco explains.

"So if you can harness and amplify kinetic energy you get..." Barry continues.

"Molecular shrapnel." Caitlin finishes.

"Okay, I feel so lost right now!" you exclaim. "Oh no, not lost. Just stupid!"

Ralph snorts.

"Maybe it's a personal awakening."

He keeps picking his right ear and flicks away some earwax. You make a face.

"Nice, Dibny."

"Ralph, you were lucky." Caitlin points out. "Your ears just stretched, but for an ordinary person the consequences would be less kind."

"Oh, I consider it a blessing." he says with a nonchalant shrug. "Less twang in my future."

"Well, then maybe you should ask Y/n to blow another sound wave at you?" Cisco adds, sarcastically.

"I think I'm good."

Suddenly, you think of how cool it would be to have your own superhero name.

"Soundwave! That's a great name!"

Cisco grins and puts one arm around your shoulders.

"Okay, you need to know two things. One: I come up with the names. And two: Soundwave's already taken by a Transformer."

"So?"

Ralph looks kinda angry.

"Come one! You can't give her a name before me! I know she's your friend, Ramon, but I've been here longer and that makes it my right to get one first!"

You chuckle at his sincere anxiety.

"I'm working on you, Dibny." Cisco assures. "It just takes time."

"But I thought you'd settled for 'Shaggy'?" you tease. "You're tall and nothing will separate you from food when you want it. Well, except me."

The others can't help but giggle. Barry has his eyes on you to the entire time, in order to figure out the deal between you and Ralph.

"The Shaggy!" Cisco blurts out and you laugh. "That is perfect!"

"Very funny." Ralph says, meaningly. "You just keep 'em coming. I'll still end up with a great name to fit this great man!"