You fancy Dibny?

Caitlin watches you thoughtfully. You two are alone in the cortex.

"Y/n, you like Ralph?"

"Sure I do! He's... Oh no! I don't like him-like him. Just cause I think he's hilarious, doesn't mean I like him. The recent business with Trickster Junior proved him to be both indecisive and stupid, even if his great side came through in the end." You're briefly lost in the memory. "He did save the day."

"Including you."

"Yeah." you smile at her. "Trickster Junior wasn't the best host. But I was still pretty mad at Ralph for chickening out like that! He was so different after he got hurt. So scared. So small."

"So you don't have romantic feelings for him?" Caitlin continues and you snort.

"What?" You snort again. "No!" And again. "No, I don't."

Caitlin nods, ready to change the subject. But you're not done.

"I mean, sure, he's tall and all that..."

"Tall?"

"You know, tall. Attractive."

"Okay, so you're attracted to tall men."

"No, it's not that!" You try to find the right words. "He's like an undefined bear. One moment he's a teddy bear and you can rely on him completely, laugh your butt off with him - oh, I mean at him. But the next he scares you cause he's actually too wild for you to ever be able to trust him."

"He's a closed book, I agree. But you love reading."

"That guy is one tough chapter! Even for a friend."

"So he's only your friend?"

"Of course! Sure, I think he's good-looking, can't deny that. And sure I've thought about... his big hands touching me where I usually only touch myself..." You put your hands in your lap, eyes widened. "Did I just say that out loud?"

Caitlin frowns, wishing it wasn't true.

"Yes, you did."

"Man!" you exclaim and lean back in the chair. "I fancy Dibny!"

"I think so, too." Caitlin tilts her head to the side. "He does have nice hands."

"Yeah." you smile to yourself. "They're big but soft and just imagine his long fingers entangling with your..."

Caitlin puts out her arms.

"But let's leave it there! You keep fantasizing on your own, Y/n."

You clock Caitlin's uncomfortable look and press your lips together in a foolish grin. Before you know it, you're both laughing.

"He drives me crazy!" you confess, thinking about all the times you've wanted to stretch out his head and slam it back with your version of tinnitus added in his ear.

Caitlin smiles, gently.

"You should tell him."

You nod.

"Yeah, I probably should."

All of a sudden, Barry enters the cortex.

"Should what?"

You quickly try to think of a less personal answer.

"Practice with my powers more, coach!"

He grins cheekily as if thinking of something else.

"When did you get back?" Caitlin wonders.

Barry gives her a quick look.

"Just now." He looks back at you. "So it wasn't about you wanting Dibny to touch you where you usually..?"

Your eyes widen as you stand up.

"Jeez, Barry! You heard that?"

He laughs a little, gaze still fixed on you.

"What, were you out there eavesdropping the whole time?" you ask.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"There's more?" he exclaims, teasingly. "What else did I miss?"

You quickly look at Caitlin.

"Nothing."

Barry takes a step closer to you.

"Come on, tyro! We're friends!"

You raise your eyebrows.

"Did you just call me tyro? You never call me that."

In a second he becomes kinda edgy. He puts his hands in his pants pockets and walks towards the exit.

 He puts his hands in his pants pockets and walks towards the exit

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Ah, well... I should probably... probably go and see about the others."

You nod, wonderingly.

"You do that, coach."

Five minutes later, Barry comes in again - in The Flash gear - followed by Iris and Ralph.

"Hey guys." he  says to you and Caitlin with a greeting nod. "How's it going?"

But he was just there! Strange or what?

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.