When Harry met Harry Part 2

"So another bus-meta?" Iris assumes from Caitlin's scientific rambling.

"One that somehow brings inanimate object to life..."

"And uses them for bad stuff." you finish Barry's sentence.

"Exactly."

Caitlin's off again. She speaks so fast that you only make out imprint on objects and subconscious link.

"That's really smart, 34-25-34." Ralph says, making all of you glare at him. Especially you.

"Did he just give me my..?"

"Hey! That's not okay!" You want to give him his measurements in return, but can't calculate it fast enough: "Shaggy!"

He looks like a boy who doesn't realize he's done something wrong.

"As in Scooby Doo?"

"Ignore him." Barry says and the rest of you follow his advice.

Iris, decision leader of your team, continues.

"The good thing is our rifles have a 'blow statues to hell' setting, so when this meta does show up..."

"We'll be ready." you conclude.

"You really like finishing people's sentences." Ralph points out, kinda annoyed.

"And you really like saying dumb things." you respond. "What d'you reckon is worse?"

That silences him. Iris looks at you.

"Y/n, any progress on your front?"

You show her your drawing of the symbol. It looks like a bison.

"Wow, sketching really did help your memory. Ralph, you said you saw a bison on the bus, right? In our line of work nothing is a coincidence. "

Ralph hits Barry on the arm.

"Vindicated!"

"No one said you were lying."

"I could see it in your eyes." he says, dramatically.

"So the hypnosis worked!" you state, smiling.

Ralph crosses his arms.

"Don't say 'I told you so'."

"I bet you looked stupid."

"Not at all! I always believed it would work."

Barry and you share a look.

"He looked pretty stupid." he says.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"... she's got an adaptive nano-weave structure that is, wait for it..."

You love Cisco's enthusiasm! Ralph rubs his hands together. He's bubbly standing next to his new save-the-day wear.

"Don't know what that means, don't care!" he says with an excited smile.

You sigh.

"You could be a little less honest."

Cisco chews on his chin.

"Less honest? 'More quiet' is what I'm rooting for."

"That too."

"Whatever." Ralph dismisses. "Just yank the tarp off. I'm ready for my super-suit!"

"Ralph, this tarp is your super-suit." Cisco rolls the fabric into a ball. "When you stretch, it stretches. When you squish, it squishes!"

"Squishes into something butt-ugly."

You really want to tease Ralph about that, but manage to hold your tongue.

"Where's the style, the flair? Dibny needs to peacock."

Cisco packs up his things.

"Dibny needs to wear the prototype Cisco so lovingly made for him. Now, Y/n, wanna check in on Council of Wells?

"Right behind you!"

Cisco leaves the room and you move to follow.

"What is this, a puppy's raincoat?" Ralph asks himself and something in you snaps

"What is this, a puppy's raincoat?" Ralph asks himself and something in you snaps. Again. He's so vain!

"Just lose the face!" you exclaim.

Ralph doesn't even look at you.

"Been there, done that."

"It's not that bad!"

He snorts.

"You don't have to wear it, tyro. This is my first mission and I want to look good!"

You snort with a laugh.

"Well, I don't have anything to wear!" You realize how that can be interpreted. "Wait, forget I just said that."

Ralph makes a face.

"I don't think I can."

"It's either the tarp or you just have to fight crime naked." you joke.

He seems to like that suggestion, which makes you regret having said anything.

"Don't fight crime naked!"

You hurry out of the room.

--------------------------------------------------------

After having seen a bit too much of the Council of Wells ("Free-willy Wells", to be exact) you head to the cortex.

"... saved Banks life." you hear Barry's voice. "That was the most important thing in that situation."

"... when I was a cop, getting the bad guy that was the most important thing..." Ralph contradicts. "You're the Flash! You could've saved him and caught her..."

"... I'm always gonna make the decision to help the person in danger first. That's what we do here."

You walk in as Ralph says: "Yeah, we'll file that under 'superhero lesson of the day'."

He walks by you, without as much as a nod.

"That Dibny is a hard nut to crack, huh?" you ask Barry.

He sighs and rubs his neck.

"You can say that, Y/n."

"So you got time for me now? Cisco sent me up here."

Harry's junk flies by inside your head. Jeez, you won't be able to sleep tonight!

"Yeah, let's go join Caitlin in the lab."