Warming up (to you)

You shiver violently under the thin duvet. It's still Christmas Eve, around 11 pm. Barry was arrested about three hours ago, hence the party ended and Iris sent you home to wait for further news. The lease to your new studio apartment was signed a couple of weeks ago, but you've been very busy with Team Flash. Hence, you have no electricity and a floor cold enough to make your feet go numb.

You're really low. Worried. Up until now, Barry seemed to be so on top of things. Compared to you and Ralph he knew how to handle almost every situation, but this...

Just when you're drowsing off, your phone rings. You put it on speaker.

"Y-yeah?" you stutter.

"What's up with you, tyro?"

"G-guess."

"Are you sick?"

"No, j-just c-cold."

You ask him if he knows anything more about Barry.

"That's it, I'm coming over..."

"Wh-what? Wh-why?"

"I can't understand a word you're saying! Besides, I won't leave you to turn into a human ice cube. That wouldn't be very hero-like of me..."

In 20 minutes, you crawl out of bed and let your tall friend inside.

"Wow, you look terrible." he observes.

You start to close the door again, but Ralph's elongated arm comes in the way.

"Hey!" he giggles. "At least wait and see what I have to offer."

He walks in and puts down a large box in the living room. You open it and look down at the Santa-costume he wore earlier.

"I don't get it." you frown. "What's that f-for?"

"Warming you up." Ralph says as he puts the red hat on your head and hands you the coat.

You giggle.

"But these belong to Santa!"

"Well, yeah, but he said he didn't need them this year - which makes it perfectly legal."

"Naked Santa." you think out loud. "Really?"

Ralph squints his eyes, playfully.

"Whoever catches him coming down a chimney will have a very interesting Christmas."

You stuff the baggy clothes with pillows and actually feel a lot warmer. Ralph looks you up and down.

"You've never looked this good."

You roll your eyes and lower the beard under your chin.

"I mean it. That's a superhero suit, right there."

"Tease me all you want, Dibny! But I'd rather be fat than cold! Now, tell me about Barry."

He crosses his arms together and shivers slightly.

"First I'm gonna make us some hot cocoa." he says, quickly. "Man, it's cold in here!"