Chapter 114: The New Conflict (EP. 07)

Disclaimer: I do not own the song "When She Loved Me" From the Toy Story. It is by Sarah McLachlan.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey."

"Uh.. Good morning?"

Aiden excitedly walked over and sat next to his former mentor in renewed glee, a warm smile plastered on his face as he passed the General of Arendelle a mug of freshly brewed coffee. Magoo slightly smiled in gratitude before taking a thirsty sip, not noticing that the lute was still in his grasp.

Aiden eyed the instrument in surprise,  "Mags, you play?"

"... Yes. What, you haven't seen me play before?" He defensively remarked.

"Yeah, first time. What about you show me what you got? I bet the gulls would enjoy it, too." The fire king chuckled, closing his eyes and standing on the edge of the railing fearlessly.

The salty air swept up his black locks, his casual, loose white shirt sticking to his skin, which showed outlines of his well toned torso. He spreads his arms out like a free lancing bird; his booted feet arched and stiff in perfect balance.

"How can I play when you're about to take your giant leap of death?" Magoo frightfully waved his hands dismissively.

"Come on, Mags, you only get to live life once." Aiden laughed, the rising sun's rays kissing his cheeks with enhanced warmth. Magoo's eyes drifted over to the smooth, naval blue waves with a nostalgic sigh.

"Agreed... Just once.."

"You're extra gloomy today, what's wrong?" Aiden calmly hopped off from the edge, leaning against his father figure. His somewhat gorgeous bed head made him look like the definition of a handsome archangel. Heck, even his shadow is perfectly shaped.

"This war, Aiden... It reminds me so much of what happened back then."

Aiden raised a brow in confusion. "What happened back then?"

"Ma was like a fresh fish out of the water among the rest of her family... She cherished me and my brother when pa left us with nothing," Magoo squirmed slightly in his seat, "She practically built our whole world. She gave us what she could— we were happy, just the three of us."

"Damn, I've never heard of your family before. Do continue."

"Not until one night, when it was my fifth birthday. When a bunch of scumbags invaded the village." Magoo growled. Aiden's eyes widened in shock.

"Have you ever known the feeling of your entire world being pulled away from your arms?"

Aiden's face softened. The thought of his wife crossed his mind, therefore bringing a euphoric smile into his lips.  "Yes. It feels more painful than the moment you got scarred. But you know what? Your world being taken from you is the scar itself. It hurts, it really does. But... They heal."

"And they are permanent." Magoo finished, a sudden tear escaping his eye, "I saw it. All of it. The incriminating blood trickling down her throat... My brother's last breath... I had no one left."

Aiden sadly patted his former mentor's back, hugging his knees as he did so.

"I owe my life to you, and your mother, Aiden. Please know that. She took me in, she took an adult man in. She gave me a new chance to live life again with well— life."