31 |My son's angel

Start from the beginning

Mom furrowed her eyes and looked at me. "Whom is he speaking to?"

Before I could answer Zayden again called. "Angel, Can you pass me my clothes."

Mom smirked looking at me while my cheeks turned crimson red, I ducked my head lower to hide embarassment.
Giving her a rather forced smile, I walked towards the restroom and handed him the clothes.

"So..." She trailed off making me look at her. "You are angel huh?" Even though she was smiling genuinely, I could still feel that she was teasing me.

"Mom" I mumble pushing the strand of her behind my ear.

"Never knew Zayden had this side too." She mumbled to herself. "It's good actually. He is not that boring and rude, I guess. I'm happy that he saved this side of his only for his wife. Aww!! nicknames, it's so cute." She gushed like a child while I kept peering at her not knowing what to say or how to react.

"I'm leaving now. Goodnight. I don't want to invade your privacy." She waved her hand and turned around to leave. I heard her saying 'My son's angel' before exiting the room.

When he came out of restroom I thought of telling him that mom was here when he called me angel but then I changed my mind, I know mom will tease him tomorrow and I can't wait to see his reaction.

"Who got this juice?" he asked raising the glass to take a sip of juice.

"Mom, " I replied, he froze for a second and asked "She was here?"
I just nodded.

"Why did she leave?"

"I don't know. She said she was sleepy." Yes, I lied cause I didn't want to ruin tomorrow's funny moment.

Next day at dinning table »

I was sitting next to Zayden, Mom and Dad were sitting opposite us.

"Let's go on a trip." mom said gaining all our attention.

"I'm busy." Dad and Zayden uttered at the same time.
I look at Dad first and then at Zayden, both seemed least interested in outing.

"Like father like son. They are so boring and killjoy." Mom rolled her eyes.

"Leave them. Harriet you tell me do you want to go?"

I pouted whilst noding my head.

"At least let's visit our penthouse. It's been long since we have gone there." Mom asked looking at both Dad and Zayden.

But what shocked me was the fact that both did not even look up let alone answer to her question.

What to do now?
I was looking at mom with a dejected face while mom gave me a signal pointing towards Zayden.

I angled my brows upwards not understanding her meaning but then she again signalled towards Zayden, mouthing convince him.

I open my eyes wide whilst shaking my head in negative. He already said No. There is no point in asking again. I don't want to deal with Zayden, who knows he might ignore me just like he ignored mom or worse snap at me.

Mom narrowed her eyes at me and signalled again. I huff making up my mind.

Let me try once.