19 | Dressed up for DJ

It’s the simple things in life which are the most extraordinary only wise men are able to understand..!

Today was the DJ Night

Today was the DJ Night. I didn’t have any interest to attend but since the unknown guy had asked me to I thought why not. Anyways he said not to worry about partner. Who knows today I might as well find out the identity of unknown guy.

I was contemplating what to wear when Jannet voice interrupted my thoughts.
“So what are you going to wear tonight?” she asked

“I am not sure…I didn’t do any shopping.” I press my lips straight staring at all my clothes which were sprawled on my bed.

Jannet rested her hands on her hips whilst roaming her eyes over my clothes. Huffing she waved her hand, “Nothing is suitable for DJ Night here. I will give you one of my dress don’t worry. I’m doing this only for my cousin…” She muttered the last sentence under her breath but I heard it.

Moving towards her closet she ran her fingers over the dresses which were hung. I eyed her dresses and they were too short for my liking. I was used to wearing loose tops, jeans and long summer gowns.

Sighing she finally selected a mini white off shoulder jumpsuit.

I kept on pulling the skirt down while running my hand over sweetheart neckline of the top

I kept on pulling the skirt down while running my hand over sweetheart neckline of the top. The dress was somewhat deep showcasing a little bit of my cleavage.

“Jannet” I called gaining her attention. “Can you give me some other dress?”

She zeroed her eyes at me, raising her brow she asked, “What is wrong with this dress. You are looking good.”

And that was exactly my problem. I’m not used to looking like a party girl. I definitely didn’t want to attract any guy’s attention.

“It’s too short.” I answered looking down at the dress. The dress barely touched mid of my thighs.

“Well, Sorry to burst your bubble but all my dresses are of this length. I can give you shorter one but I don’t have a dress longer than this. Apply some makeup we have only twenty minutes. Zayden will come to pick us.”

Listening to his name I became more conscious of my dress. How will he react if he sees me in dress like this. Nowadays it’s becoming impossible to predict his mood. Morning he snapped at me for no reason.
“Harriet we don’t have entire night. Apply some makeup fast…”

“Uh – no. I don’t want to apply makeup.”

“I am doing all this because of my stupid cousin.” She said rolling her eyes. Digging inside the makeup kit she pulled lipstick and mascara.

“Take this and make it fast…” she placed lipstick and mascara in front of me and went back to applying one more layer of compact on her face.

I quickly did my makeup and plopped on bed watching her keenly.

Her phone buzzed with an incoming call and it read Zayden Harley.
She answered his call; after speaking for a minute she disconnected the call.

Jannet turned to face me. “Okay so Zayden is coming with Alex so we have to go on our own.”

I slipped on matching heels, walking with 5 inch heel was a big deal for me cause I was used to wearing shoes and flats.
The loud music of DJ echoed till our dorm which was few meters away from the place.

When we were almost near to the place. My eyes landed on the only person who was capable of making my heart race. Zayden was leaning against the tree with his hands slipped inside pockets while he was conversing with Alex. Leisurely he drifted his eyes towards us and for the very first time I saw instant change in his facial expression. He was clearly shocked seeing me here and that too wearing a bold dress.

“Hye!” Jannet gushed once we were in front of them.
Zayden and Alex eyes were glued on us or maybe glued to me.

Giving me a smile Alex turned his face towards Jannet and greeted her. Zayden as usual didn’t bother to reply anything.

Just then a group of three boys joined us. There eyes roamed over my body making me shudder. When it was only Zayden and Alex I was not feeling any sorts of discomfort but watching them stare at me I became very conscious and uncomfortable under their gaze.

I gulp looking at them. One amongst them was Jannet cousin — Finn.
“Hye Harriet… You are looking so se— beautiful.” Finn grinned staring at me with a slight smirk laced on his face.

He was giving me bad vibes. I didn’t wanted to come out rude so I replied him with a thank you.

“Well,” Jannet started making Finn turn his gaze to her. “ I helped her with everything so all thanks to me she is looking good.” She smiled at Finn, in a cunning way if I add.

Something was definitely going on between them.

I avert my attention towards Zayden only to find his eyes filled with rage, his jaws clenched and hands curled into fist. He was glaring at Finn as if he was going to throttle him to death.

“Man! Isn’t cutie looking like an Angel?” Alex smiled at me making me flush.

Wait! Angel?

Zayden glanced at me with rage swimming in his eyes, “No she isn’t …” He inhaled deeply looking away.

Rude! Very rude…

❤...