28 | My wife ordered

Start from the beginning

Zayden – I can call my wife whatever I want. Right?

My heart did a flip when I read his reply.

Wife!

My face flushed while my insides were like swans splashing in their own rhythm.

Zayden – Why aren’t you replying? Wait, Are you blushing? God! You are cute.

I place my palm on my cheeks cupping my face while my lips curled upwards.

Me – Quit teasing. Where did you learn to speak so much. And when did you become this bold.

Zayden — Idk!! It doesn't feel awkward while texting...

Zayden — Tell me one thing...

"Who is making you blush so much?" Jannet asked peeking at my phone. I hit the home icon whilst pressing my lips straight.

"Is she blushing?" Alex questioned whilst adjusting the mirror and looking at me with curious eyes. "Woah... Cutie tell us the reason behind your red face."

"It's very hot in here," I said fanning my face.

Alex narrowed his eyes scrutinizing my face and then increased the AC.

My phone buzzed again.

Zayden — Lier

Me — What? I didn't lie. Anyways what were you asking?

Zayden — ‘Why do I call you angel’ you could have asked me this yesterday only right?

Little does he know what I was feeling when he was close to me. Muttering a question was too far, I was feeling my heart would pop out of my throat anytime.

Me — I was having a mini heart attack.

Zayden — Huh?

Me — You were so close to me... How could you expect me to speak.

Only after I sent hit button I realised what I had typed. Unknowingly and unconsciously I had almost confessed my feeling for Zayden.

Zayden — Should I be happy after knowing this?

Me — Idk

Zayden — I'm flattered to know that my presence effects you.

Smiling at his text, I peer outside the window. Rest of the ride was peaceful.
Something in Zayden and I's relationship changed that day. We used to steal glances at each other.

♡♡

I laid on my side of bed and closed my eyes shut. It was noticeable that the gap between us was reduced a little. Instead of laying on edges of bed like earlier, we were now sleeping in much comfortable position.

"Were you scared today when your foot slipped?" Zayden asked.

I turn my body to face him. He was looking at the ceiling with his hands placed behind his head.