Chapter 6

I'm Much Better Now

"McCoy, Spock and Eleanor to Enterprise crew. Come in, Enterprise crew." Bones says to his communicator, as Eleanor stands beside Spock, who is resting against a rock, "Anyone?".

Bones sighs and closes his communicator, "Come on guys." he says, he and Eleanor take his arms and wrap them around their shoulders once more, "Come on, you can make it!" Bones says.

"Leaving me behind will significantly increase both your chances of survival." Spock says, as they slowly make their way towards a more open area.

"Well, that's damn chivalrous of you but completely out of the question." Bones says.

"We're not leaving you, Spock." Eleanor says.

"It is imperative that you locate any surviving crew." Spock says.

"There I was thinking you care." Bones says, they all three stop moving, looking up at the sky, they see three ships headed right towards them.

"Of course I care, Leonard." Spock says, unwrapping his arms from their shoulders, "I always assumed my respect for you both was clear.", he then turns to Bones, "The dialogue we have had across the years has always..".

"It's okay, Spock. You don't have to say it." Bones cuts him off.

"This doesn't look good." Eleanor says, placing a protective hand over her stomach.

"Well, at least I won't die alone." Bones says, pushing Eleanor behind him, in between him and Spock, who are back to back.

Eleanor hears what sounds like a transporter activating, she looks over her shoulder, her eyes widen as she watches Spock disappear, she whips back around to look at Bones, "Well, that's just typical." he grouches out.

Then Eleanor feels it, she's also being transported.

A wave of nausea hit Eleanor like a ton of bricks, she holds one hand over her stomach and the other over her mouth.

"Eleanor!" Jim yells, rushing over towards her.

"Jim!" she exclaims - the nausea subsiding - she sees her husband for the first time in what feels like ages, she rushes to meet him half way, throwing her arms around his neck, she embraces him tightly, a few tears escaping her eyes.

"Oh thank god, you're okay." Jim says, holding the back of her head protectively, then pulls away and looks her over, "You are okay, right?" he asks, worry very evident in his voice at seeing the cut on her forehead.

She gives him a small tearful smile, "I'm okay. Are you?" she asks, placing a hand over the one that cradles her cheek.

"I'm much better now." he says, returning her smile.

The two make their way back over to Spock, just as Scotty comes walking over with Bones.

"I thought it was best to beam you one at a time though. You know, in case you got... spliced." Scotty says.

"Oh. I couldn't imagine a worse scenario." Bones says looking at Spock.

"Good to have you back. You alright?" Jim asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. He's hurt." Bones says, gesturing to Spock.

"I am functioning adequately, Captain." Spock says.

"Spock, you're really hurt." Eleanor says.

"In a pigs eye, you are." Bones says, agreeing with her in his own way.