Chapter 19: MidSummer Festival

No One's POV

~(Somewhere deep in the Amazon Jungle) ~

WACK~! THUG

.

.

.

" *sigh* that should be the last of them."

The ravenet swept some nonexistent sweat from her forehead and readjusted her hat.

"I swear, it's just a piece of rock from 1000 BC, why do they have to send so many assassins for just this?"

Twelve men, all hired assassins and mercenary's, who's job was to kill and take the priceless artefact from the person who just recently just found it hidden within an unknown and ~ almost ~ forgotten temple.

Unlucky for them, that person they were hired to kill was Kaitlyn.

The ravenet patted the dust off herself and gave the assassins and tired sigh. She didn't have the heart to leave the unconscious men as they were. Knowing for a fact, that they are going to be killed or eaten if left to the wilds.

"It's surprising that they even made it this far in. I've got to give them credit for that at least."

A few minutes later, after the ravenet finished tying the men and piled them together, the sound of her phone could be heard.

-ing, Ring~!

"Where did I put that satchel again? ... Ah, there it is~!"

Ring, Ring~!

Scuffling around through her satchel, she drew up her phone and read the name on screen, before taking the call.

Ring, Ri-

"Yo~! What's up?"

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...

~ (Somewhere back in Japan) ~

Rang, Rang~!

.

.

.

Rang, Rang~!

.

.

.

Rang, Rang~!

.

.

.

"C'mon Kai-chan pick up."

.

.

.

Rang, Rang~!

.

.

.

Rang, Ra— Click~!

"Kai-chan~! You have to come to the festival! Please~! The others all have other plans, and hardly anyone is coming! This will be the last day of summer vacation. Let's hang out and have some mindless fun!"

Koro was met with silence for roughly 5 tense seconds, waiting for the voice of his small fellow teacher's voice.

But shockingly the voice he heard wasn't his co-worker.

"Is this Koro-sensei?"

A deep male voice spoke.

Koro blinked, before proceeding to answer the one who picked up the phone.