Chapter 16: Marks of a Shooter

No One's POV

'There are two guards just around the corner, how will they get through this one.'

Kaitlyn stood by as the students looked out at the guards blocking the entrance to the staircase.

"They look really tough." said one of the girls "Are they one of the guys threatening us? Or are they hired muscle that has nothing to do with us?"

"Either way, we're gonna have to beat 'em to get by."

"That's exactly right, Terasaka"

Heads turned to the yellow face of Koro-Sensei.

"And that weapon you have will do the job perfectly."

'Ah, so he noticed it too?'

The fedora ravenet thought as Terasaka grunted, then seemed to think of using Masayoshi as bait, but how? Well thankfully Karma was there to help.

The plan was in action as the green haired boy, taunted the guards and lead them to a trap, which were Terasaka and Yoshida's ambush. Using the stun guns that Terasaka purchased, the hired men were down.

"Those must cost a fortune! How'd you afford equipment like this?"

Sweat gathered on the big teens brow at the question.

"Um... I came into some money. Odd jobs mostly, nothing special."

The fedora teacher raised a brow at that, but quickly took notice of the shine of recognition on Kurasuma's face. Clearly the man knew something about the guards, but wasn't sure on his thoughts in the matter.

After searching the unconscious men, by Koro-sensei's order, Terasaka and Yoshida found—

'Real Guns!'

The class fell into a tense silence, not accustomed to real weapons that could ~ intentionally or not ~ kill someone.

"Chiba, Hayami, I think you two, should be the ones to have them."

The mentioned teens gasped.

"Alas, Mr. Kurasuma has not yet recovered from his encounter with Smog to handle a gun. The reality of our situation is this. You two are our best sharp shooters."

"But wait sir!"

One of them protested.

"What about Kai-Sensei?"

Most students nodded at the suggestion.

"I'm afraid not. Kai-chan seemed to have sustained an injury to her hands."

Everyone stopped and looked to the fedora wearer with her hands up and in bandages.

'When the heck...?!'

"However, with that said, I shall allow no killing. That I won't. Do not underestimate your own skill, in the right hands, a firearm is all the more impressive for not causing injury."

The two usually quiet teens held their guns with nervous hearts. Their thoughts going back to the assassination that failed this afternoon.

"Shall we proceed?"

Everyone nodded and continued their journey up.

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...

'This whole affair is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.'

A man with crazed eyes walked through a dark hallway and towards the door.