Chapter 16

"The tickets are booked?" Bakugou asked. Todoroki nodded his head, handing him a stack of papers. "Jesus, do you expect me to read all of these?"

"Yes," Todoroki replied. "It says when you're supposed to arrive at the airport, when you board, take off, land, and when you should get to the hotel. Also you're gonna have to get Kirishima on board somehow."

"That should be fun," Bakugou muttered. Dabi typed more on his computer as Toga wrote down potential evidence tampering.

"You're taking the entire day off, right?" She asked. Bakugou nodded his head. "Cool, thanks."

"I backdated a couple emails that I have ready to transfer the day of," Dabi chimed in. "If you want to read over them."

"Can you give us a run down?" Todoroki asked.

"So basically, Shigaraki noticed a one million yen disappearance. He immediately suspected him because, you know how he is. They get into an argument, he claims that he never took it, Shigaraki insists. And the last email says something like 'all you had to do was admit it and give it back. Say hi to Condor for me',"

"That does sound suspicious," Bakugou said. "Where is the one million?"

"It's in a stowaway account that only I can access. Won't do anything with it, but just needed to take it out. I took it out a couple hours ago. It doesn't say which party took it out. It doesn't even say it was taken out, but he'll notice," Dabi explained.

Twice, Spinner, and Compress strolled in, back from a joint commission. They stopped conspiring and went onto their own thing. Bakugou slipped the documents in his bag as Shigaraki walked in.

"I was going through our finances and I noticed something," Shigaraki said. Everyone looked up at him. "It seems that roughly one million yen has just...magically disappeared."

Everyone looked at each other, not sure what to say. "That sucks," Dabi said after a bit. The lower Birds chuckled at this comment, while Shigaraki seemed utterly unamused.

"Todoroki," Shigaraki said accusingly. Todoroki looked up, already knowing what Shigaraki was going to say. "Do you have any idea where this money could have went?"

"I genuinely have no idea, finances aren't my thing," Todoroki said, typing on his computer.

"Just out of curiosity, how much is your little boyfriend's student loans?" Todoroki snorted and laughed.

"They're definitely more than one million yen, if that's what you're getting at," Todoroki chuckled. "I don't know what to tell you Shigaraki. I didn't take the money. I have no motive."

"Yeah, we'll see what your little boyfriend has to say about it when I ask him," Shigaraki sneered. The silence in the room was thick. Todoroki looked up from his laptop.

"Is that a threat?" Todoroki asked in a warning tone. Shigaraki smirked.

"I don't know, is it?" He asked.

"If you think about touching him, you'll only reap what you sow. He is on the list might I remind you," Todoroki said. His heart began racing out of his chest, but he desperately tried to look calm and together.

"Just know I'm getting tired of your shit, Todoroki. When you want to tell me where the money is, you know where I'll be," Shigaraki said, walking off.

As he left the room, everyone looked at Todoroki. He looked as if he had seen a ghost. All he could do was stare at his screen, terrified.

"He's bluffing. He wouldn't," Dabi said reassuringly.

"But he might," Todoroki said softly. "Fuck."

"Shigaraki isn't a dumbass. He knows what'll happen if he lays a hand on him." Bakugou said.

"I really don't think it's in his best interest to do so," Compress chimed in.

Todoroki stares at his screen. Not sure who to believe, he texted Midoriya.

Todoroki: I don't mean to scare you, but it would make me feel a lot better if you didn't go anywhere alone. I love you

Todoroki set down his phone and bit his knuckle, horrified of anything that can and will happen. "It's barely about the money. This is just the last straw for him."

"He doesn't have the balls to do anything. You won't fall for any of his tricks again. If he really wanted to hurt him, he wouldn't tell you. He's setting you up," Toga said, trying to calm Todoroki.

"Yeah, I guess," he said softly. His phone dinged.

Midoriya: ok, i understand. i know you're worried, and it's a good idea for me not to go anywhere alone, but everything will be okay. tomorrow i'm allowed to leave campus. i wanna get out of the dorms

Todoroki: Would you like to come over and watch movies? If so, can I please pick you up from the front of the school?

Midoriya: i would love to ^-^ 2?

Todoroki: Sounds like a date

Todoroki set down his phone. If Midoriya is right next to him, the terms give him the right to defend him.

"Make sure Kirishima is safe too," Todoroki suggested. Bakugou nodded and texted Kirishima. Bakugou began cursing out Shigaraki under his breath as he read