Chapter 8: Grilled Chicken and Young Grandpa

( All rights to this picture goes to the food stylist and cook at Bon appetite. Thank you to all of the cooks out there that work hard to make us flavorful recipes and dishes!!)

Akari's POV:

As Kai and I make it over to the Culinary Building a hand suddenly taps my shoulder. I look up to see Ein. He always seemed to look familiar to me. I just couldn't pick out where we've seen each other before despite at college. But the huge smile on his face distracts me and I smile up at him.

"I was wondering if you would like to hang out tonight. I would love to get to know you better" he leans in close staring into my eyes. I look away embarrassed by how close he is to me.

"Sure, when would that be?" my voice slurs out softly as I glance up at him my cheeks flushing. He says that he'll meet me at my dorm around 6:00 PM tonight. I nod in agreement before waving goodbye before I go on the long trek with Kai. 

As we walk he doesn't even care to glance at me and I notice his hands clench tightly. I didn't think any of it earlier but those two seem to be that either really good friends or siblings. I shake my head and smile gently. They do have different personalities from what I've seen so far. Ein is a lot more up close and personal, while Kai seems to stay behind and try not to draw a lot of attention to himself.

The Culinary Building is finally in reach and Kai opens up the door for me. Smiling at him I saunter my way in and look around. I don't think I've used this entrance before, but the classroom is only a couple of doors down. I look back at Kai to see him right behind me waiting for me to continue down the hallway. 

"We should hurry up and start cooking, you do only have so much time correct?" He looks at me with a playful smirk. I nod and speed up my pace and I hold my cheek softly and tuck a nonexistent piece of hair behind my steaming ears. Shit, I didn't think anything of it but this will be the first time I'm alone with a guy that isn't my brother.

I look around to see the teacher awake this time and stuffing some arugula in his mouth that probably dropped from his sandwich. My legs carry themselves in front of the teacher with Kai right behind me. I didn't even know that I moved before I feel a hand on my back I look up to see Kai smiling at me before backing away to one of the stations.

"Oh hello, I'm guessing your Akari?" Mr. Limith asks and he puts down his drink and looks up at me. 

"If not then whoever this Akari is, they cleaned up everything and it's so much easier to grab stuff" he chuckles out and sits up straight. I smile and give him my name and he immediately shakes my hand. This is so different than what I thought would happen. 

"You have no clue how long I've wanted to sort all of those cabinets!" the smile he gives me is sweet as I notice the small wrinkles wrapping around his mouth. He's like a young grandpa who has a huge passion for something no one ever expected. Of course, he's the youngest teacher I have but he gives off a grandpa like stature.

"I'm hoping Kai explained everything and your here to get your project done." he gets up and he's really fucking tall like... taller than my dad and let's keep this a secret but my dad is 6 foot 5. He easily is around 6 foot 9! I hear a chuckle and I blush and look back to see Kai crouched on the floor snickering. I look back up at the teacher confused to see he's also holding in his laughter.

Blushing I look around confused not understanding. I look in a mirror to see if there's something on me only to find my hair is standing up in all the wrong places I immediately pat it down and I hear them both start laughing uncontrollably. 

"H-Hey!" I whine out still not understanding, my hair has never done this before. '

"I-It's just snrkkk that right, when Mr. Limith stood up your hair, went fwoosh!" he makes a motion with his hands "and he's a young grandpa?!"He continues to laugh as I notice tears falling down his cheeks just from how funny this somehow was.