Chapter 7: Nearly Losing my Head

As soon as we get into the room I immediately start to do the homework I was given. Gladly, I don't have any classes today until 5:00 in the afternoon, which is my least favorite class, Calculus. It's the first day of it and I'm already despising it. 

"Aren't we going to play volleyball? You'll be jumping a lot... that short dress won't do you any good" Cacy says as she grabs the hat that's lying beside her and puts it on. I blush totally forgetting as I get up and head towards the closet. 

As I pick out what I want to wear I remember glancing around at the buildings, reading freshly painted signs. Looking up into the giant oaks and cherry trees running along the path beside me. I shake my head as I pull my light blue shirt on and tuck it down into my leggings.

Cacy goes over to me and pats my back with a soft chuckle. Then I finally notice my other roommate standing next to us with a fresh lacy blouse and short shorts the blouse is protective and all but it's pinning down onto her skin, creating a goddess-like form. You know those different forms for women like pear, apple, an hourglass that kind of stuff.  

It's not very long till we make it over to the volleyball nets that are set up in a line across from the auditorium/ gymnasium. Gladly they're making a huge glass building to soon be the gym. It'll probably be finished after this year in college. 

I finally hear the yelling of the group of boys and sigh softly. I still can't believe I decided to do this. My short figure doesn't give me a great advantage and I haven't played a game since sophomore year in high school when it was mandatory. Cacy slaps my arm and runs over to the group who have finally noticed our arrival.

I look at my roommate and smile softly.

"I never got your name, I'm Akari Stormhill," I say softly holding out my cold hand. She holds out her hand and smiles softly.

"Rio" she states, her voice slightly high pitched but it has a flowery after-tone. I smile and shake her hand. She walks in front of me up to the net and she puts up her long thick hair. Finally being able to see her eyes, a bright pure violet. My mind starts to freak out, my mom only ever told me about stories of demons and what they look like in this world. I look away fast and focus on the ground but I'm called out of my anxiety when Cacy yells for me.

As I'm running over to Cacy I look up at the boys to see them staring at Rio, all with surprise coating their faces. As she looks back her face changes and her eyes filled with a different flame. The boys immediately face away and whisper to each other. 

"I may just go back to the dorm...This is so stupid" she growls out lowly and she storms off through the field we just walked through. I don't think I will ever be able to understand why she went off like that. 

But, the boys finally calm down and give me and Cacy bright-eyed smiles. They walk up to the net and I see the boy from earlier and my hair fluffs up on the back of my neck and my cheeks start to heat up, and it wasn't from the bright constantly exploding star in the sky. 

"So teams!" one of them shouts out and they form a line and look at us. 

"You pick who you want on your team" another states as he wraps his arm around one of his friends. I look at Cacy for help not knowing what I should do. She starts pointing at people and she ends up making the two teams. 

"You go on that team" she nods softly as she walks under the net.

 "I'll gladly be on this team" she sighs out. The boys immediately start talking to her. From her face, it seems like someone asked a little bit of a personal question since immediately after a smoke of sand puffs up and billows away along with the wind a guy is laying there his mind seeming to be caught in surprise.