The Good 50

I just got back to watching Moomin after 5 months and oh my god i forgot how much I loved it
Also (L/N) is (Lizard Name) just fyi 😳
----------------

There's someone there! Finally, after almost half an hour of walking in the middle of a desert, I've spotted someone. I took my little friend out of my pocket and put it on my shoulder. I started speed walking towards this unknown person in hopes that they'll be kind enough to help me.

Let's just hope they will.

-----

No Ones POV

(Y/N) was thrilled with the fact that she has someone else in the desiccated, scorching desert. She couldn't care less about who they were, unless they were a killer or something, she simply wanted to ask for directions to the nearest area of civilization. She called out to the unknown figure and hoped for the best.

Australia POV (CRIKEY)

Call it a stereotype, but I really do get a thrill out of observing kangaroos. I enjoy observing all wildlife, really. Even spiders. Yes, spiders. I marvel at the sight of different kinds of spiders. Anyway, I've gotten better with kangaroos over the years. Kangaroos usually hop away at the sight of someone, but that no long happens with me. I'd say the they enjoy my presence now.

However, a sense of caution still lingers. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you shouldn't be too careless. But it shouldn't be much of a problem, since we are miles away from civilization. Which is great for the reader who is looking for someone, anyone's help right now.

I hear faint shouting. I squinted and saw someone walk over here. How in the world is someone here? Never mind that, if this person gets closer, the kangaroos will surely hop away, or worse.

I immediately make my way over to their direction, causing the female to pause. "Slow your roll there mate, you might get into trouble with these 'roos." The girl looked behind me, and widened her eyes in realization.

"Haha, I thought those were kangaroos, but--" She stopped mid sentence and thoroughly eyed me, head to toe. I can't say I wasn't doing the same; she's a human! What's a human doing out here? My thoughts were interrupted when the girl let out a gasp.

"Wait, I'm still here? Y-you're..." She studied my face for a moment. "Australia... So I'm still here. I didn't make it back... Yes! But..." She paused, and looked at me before muttering to herself. "Shit, I gotta stop being so bipolar about this."

I chuckled. "Hold on, what are you rambling about? And what are you doing here?"

The girl hesitated before speaking. "Uhhh,I currently lack the energy to explain all the crap that went down, but I'll tell you the short version for now. I was in the human world, I went into a portal which, in hindsight, is a lot more dangerous than I thought it would be, and ended up in this world. Hold up, what year is it?"

I took in all the information for a moment and then responded. "2020, (or whatever year you're reading this dumb book) why?"

The girl let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, good. It's the present." She then decided to answer my question. "Alright, so when I went through the portal, I came to this world, it was WW1. Then, I think I fell and it was WW2?"

I... am having trouble comprehending.

"I'm sorry, WHAT."

She sighed. "Yeah, I figured that'd be your reaction. I'll explain thoroughly later, but first, can you tell me where we are?"

Seems like a simple question. "Sure! You're in the middle of a savanna. Anything else you need me to do for ya?"

She rolled her eyes. "Yes, I'm aware that this is indeed some kind of savanna. And that I am indeed smack in the center of it. Look, can you get me to civilization? Or... Whatever it is that you guys have."

"Now THAT I can do for you. Follow me." I led the girl to my convirtable. Actually, I need to get her name. Calling her 'the girl' in my head just isn't cutting it. "Uh, before we hop in, mind telling me your name?"

She blinked. "Oh, it's (Y/N)."

I unlocked the doors to my vehicle. "(Y/N). It's a pretty name. It's got a nice ring to it. As you already know, I'm Australia. Y'know, the country?"

"Yeah, I noticed. It's kinda hard miss because, you know... your flag face. It'd be weird if your name was like, Bob or something." She stated blatantly.

I chuckled as we both get in and I start the car. "It'd be weird if your name was Russia."

"Touché."

(Y/N) POV

So far, the car ride was going great. Australia and I had managed to keep a steady conversation going, and we talked about all sorts of things like how many marbles we could fit in our mouth, and things like that.

My lizard friend decided to pop out of my pocket, and crawled on Australia. Australia tensed up upon the creature's touch and screamed. He steered a little out of control. We jerked around in our seats, but I managed to scoop up the gecko.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" Australia screamed.

"Relax, it was just a gecko!" I assured him. "You know, for someone who can handle giant spiders and kangaroos, I expected you to remain unfazed or something."

He chuckled awkwardly as he kept his eyes on the road. "Well you know me, living life on the edge. You never know what'll bite you out here. But who's that little fella you got there?"

"I have no idea, it's just following me."

"Well, you don't plan on taking it back with you, do you?" Australia asked. "The little guy needs to go back to it's habitat."

I sighed. "Yeah, you're right. I told myself I wouldn't get attached anyway." I played a little with the gecko. It doesn't really seem to mind coming along.

Australia seemed to notice this and smiled, a small tint of pink on his face. "Tell you what: we'll keep it for a while as long as you let me help you build the proper terrarium for it. Deal?"

My eyes lit up. I'll have a little lizard pet! And Australia is gonna help me care for it. "Deal."

Australia smiled. "Alright then! What name do you plan on giving this little guy?"

"Hmm, I haven't thought about it." I said. I thought for a couple of moments before decided a name. "How about (L/N)?" (If you can't come up with a name, name it Geico. It helps you save 15% or more on car insurance)

"Now THAT'S a name if I ever heard one." Australia beamed. "You aren't so bad, (Y/N). The countries will absolutely love you."

"You think so? How many countries are there?"

"195."

"Shit."

------------------------------
Hihihihi
I really need to edit this book omg
Also is this considered a long chapter?
god i really hope it is, i really owe it to you all