Missing

Art by me
———————————————————

(Y/N) went to retrieve the suddenly rambunctious lizard, ignoring the voices that spoke out. When she finally got a hold of (L/N), she let out a sigh of relief. Suddenly, someone spoke up.

"...Dude what the hell"

———————————————————

-(Y/N) POV-

I turned to look at the person who spoke up. The United States of America. Or America for short. And sitting at the booth in front of him is his brother, Canada.

I remember meeting America before. It's complicated, but maybe he still remembers me? Should I ask? I don't know if I want to bring it up. America takes off his sunglasses slightly and looks at me entirely Canada looks at me with a surprised look. Growing nervous with the both their eyes on me, I look down.

The floor suddenly looks interesting.

Australia and New Zealand are probably waiting for me, yeah. Wouldn't want to keep them waiting! I started backing away. "Um, I'll be on my way now."

"HOLD IT."

I turned around meet the gaze of the person who's voice that boomed throughout the restaurant. I slowly turned my head, getting my hopes up. Maybe he did recognize me?

America got up, walking in front of me. I kept my gaze on him. A few moments later, he whipped out his phone and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I looked up to see the two of us in the camera, and before I could turn away, he snapped a picture of us. He pulled his brother in, attempting to get him in the shot.

"Come on dude, get in here!" "Are you su—" "Yeah yeah, just get in the shot!" "Wait, I don't think—"

Before they could take any more pictures, I was able to pull away from America's grasp. I am not about to let someone take my picture like that.

"What the hell was that for?" I said, annoyed at his sudden attempt to take a picture of us.

"Do you think people will believe me if I told them I encountered a human? I have to get evidence!" America exclaimed, pointing to his phone.

Canada tugged at his sleeve. "I saw the human too, y'know." I took note that he spoke more quietly then his louder brother. Not surprised. "Still, we need the proof, man." America insisted.

I huffed. "Well, you could've just asked."

"Okay... can we take a picture?"

"No."

America rolled his eyes. "Well, whatever. I still have the proof! And I'm not deleting it anytime soon."

I can't believe it. "Oh, come on! I hate having my picture taken, especially by some stranger." He wasn't exactly a stranger, but at the same time he wasn't a good friend of mine. We've met before. But right now, since it seems like he doesn't remember, it seems like I'm the stranger.

"Hmm, tell you what." America began. "If you come with me, I'll delete the picture. There's no way they won't believe me if I bring you with me!" America exclaimed. "If not, I'm keeping the picture as evidence."