Chapter 4

M͟i͟g͟h͟t͟ b͟e͟ e͟r͟r͟o͟r͟s͟ i͟l͟l͟ t͟r͟y͟ t͟o͟ f͟i͟x͟ t͟h͟e͟m͟. T͟h͟a͟n͟k͟s͟ f͟o͟r͟ r͟e͟a͟d͟i͟n͟g͟.

-----

It's Saturday night and I'm at home. I could call Carly but I don't feel like it. I wish I had a boyfriend at times like this. No, not one like Matthew. He is not what I want. I just want to go ride down an old dirt road and talk or maybe not talk. I'm mean my parents are out, and I'm at home. This is sad. I'm home alone. Braden is with friends, Allie and Kain are at there babysitters. I'm having fun. Real fun.

Clink.
I hear something hit my window. I imagine it's a leaf so I ignore it.
Clink.
I'm a little creeped out but I get up to check what it is. It's too dark to see anything. So I open my window to listen.

At first I don't hear anything but then I hear a faint sound

"Blakley!!" I'm a bit frightened.
I realize I haven't checked my phone so I go do that before I reply.
I hit the home button and nothing. It's dead. This is like a horror movie.
I decide to continue to listen

"Blakley please come outside." The voice sounds familiar. I continue to listen.

"You said you don't know me so get to know me." Immediately I know it's Matthew.

"Go home Matthew" I reply.

"You don't have to talk to me just come out."

I have nothing better to do so I put on some thermal leggings a hoodie and Uggs.

I step out side into the cold air and shortly after Matthew meets me.

"Now what?" He asks.
If I'm gonna spend this night with him in going to spend it how I please.
"Let's drive" I state blankly.
"Let's" he agrees.
I have my dead phone in my pocket and pray he has a charger in his car. He does.
"Will your parents care" he asks.
"No" I'm giving him short answers. I don't wanna talk not to him.
He opens my door to his truck. He is a gentlemen in some ways I guess. When he starts his car. Country music starts to blare, he quickly fumbles to change it to some rap station. I look away.

"Did uhm you like that?"
"Meh" I shrug.
"Oh I kinda do but what would people think if I liked country right?" He forces a chuckle.
I can tell he's trying not to be awkward.
"I have something we can do if you want"
"What?" I'm trying to keep my mind away from all the dirty things he could be thinking. He looks so damn hot and I'm honestly happy right now.
"Shh" he puts his fingers to his lips and winks.
"Matth-"
"Shh" he presses his finger to my lips dragging them down slightly before removing them.
I try to hide my grin.
I can't stop glancing up at him and when our eyes meet I look away and he places one hand on my thigh. Chills go through my body and I finally relax a little bit.
We pull into cvs and decide to get some snacks.
"Do you like popcorn"
"Yeah" I reply faintly.
He goes down a row throwing in every little candy and caramel popcorn bag there is. He gets a 12 pack of dr.pepper, my favorite drink. I wonder if he knows? When we go up to pay I give the cashier a $10 trying to cover my part. Matthew gives me a look making me draw the $10 back into my purse.
I'm a little uncomfortable until Matthew reached his hand back to grab mine and interlaced our fingers.

As we pull up to a field with a gate for cattle maybe, Matthew gets out and pulls it open for us to drive into. Once we drive a little further Matthew gets our and opens the back door getting a bunch of blankets and pillows.
I start to worry.
"Does he wanna, no. He can't. Please don't." I think silently.
He comes around to my door opening it and my heart is beating rapidly.
He leads me up to the back of his truck which is decked out with our food and a pallet. He grabs my hips as I step up and he then steps up to my ear.
"Don't worry babe- I mean Blakley" I can tell he is nervous. He lays down and I do so too. It's cold so I immediately go under the covers. He wraps his arm around me and points up towards the sky.
"It's the Big Dipper."
I let out a sigh of relief and a laugh.
"Yes it is" I automatically lean in to kiss Matthew without thinking and he doesn't hesitate to do so either. He kisses me softly. He's gentle, and passionate. As the kiss slows we look up towards the stars and he gets up to turn the car radio up.
"Can I ask you something" I say so quietly I'm not sure if he heard.
"Go ahead" he shuffled around awkwardly.
"Do you like to sleep around with a lot of girls" he stares into the sky for what seems like an eternity before answering.
"I- I guess, not always. A lot of girls just always flirt and it seems it's all they want. But there was this one girl a long time ago. Who, uhm" he stuttered
I cling tighter to him reassuring him it's okay.
"Her and I had been dating since 7th grade. And when I was 16 I walked in on her and my close friend sleeping together. They had been and since then every girl has reminded me of her. So I just messed around with them. But when I saw you. You were the first girl in a while I didn't immediately think of her. I wanted to sleep around with you sat first but." He stops. And lays his head on my chest.

"I'm not perfect either" I sigh
"I was a bad kid."
"How so" he looks up at me with his perfect green eyes.
"I partied and uhm. I slept with guys, leaving before they could even wake up. I had a breakthrough when my friend Lily died in a crash. she was drinking and driving. After that I told my mom everything. She was proud I was ready to uhm move on." I stutter
He lifts his head to my ear.
"No ones perfect."
We stay cuddling for about 30 minutes before interrupting our peaceful silence.
"if you wanna go home just tell me" he spoke with a shy voice.
"I don't."
I nuzzled my lips into his neck and kissed him. He returned that with some stronger more passionate kisses on my lip. His hands are on my waist now and I see where this will be heading if I don't stop soon. His hands slowly move up my hoodie and my shirt, he maneuvers himself to his side. I remove my lips. As he backs away and removes his shirt.
"Matthe-" he presses his lips back on mine
"Matthew" I back up.
"Stop Matthew" I state
Matthew realizes I'm stopping him.
"Ugh" he lays on his back.
"I just
"No I get it you used to fuck every guy but for me you'll make an exception."
The tears come faster than his words register in my mind I sit up and stratal him.
"Fine Matthew" I'm almost yelling
"Go ahead fuck me. Just like every other girl. Don't worry I'll be gone by morning" words stumble out of my mouth. I take off my hoodie along with my shirt leaving only my bra. Tears are pouring down my face. He's staring at my body. His hands are placed below my butt and he is staring at me.
"What Matthew." Moves one hand from my backside up to my face cupping my cheek and wiping a tear. He looks at my topless body.
"Shit Blakley"
"Wha-" he cuts me off.
"You're so," he examines my body again before continuing.
"Sexy" he goes on.
"I don't want to fuck you Blakley. Not if you're not in baby- I mean" I cut him off before he corrects himself by putting my finger to his lips. He pulls my half naked body into bare chest. It's still freezing but he warms me. We return to star gazing and I find his finger tracing the lace outside of my bra. I fall asleep in his arms after relaxing totally for the first time in a long time.

As I wake up I turn to feel him and I don't. I get up and he isn't in the car. He wouldn't just leave me in his car would he? He might.
"You've gotta be shitting me" I mumble.
"What babe" I hear his voice and I let out a breath. I stay silent.

He hops into the back of his truck sitting next to me.
"What's wrong Blakley."
"I uhm" I'm a little embarrassed.
"I thought you left." I look down. He cuddles up next to me giving my neck small kisses.
"Never. I wouldn't. Not you. I didn't mean to scare you."
"It's okay" I lean back and he kisses me and I return it.
"We should probably get back." I say.
"That's what I didn't want to think" he grins.
"Maybe next weekend?" I suggest.
"Or dinner tonight?" He counter offers.
"Sounds good" I smile.
"Uhm, did you know that dr.pepper is my favorite or did you just get it?
"You had it at Corner bakery" he winks.
It is sweet he remembers small details.
We drive back to my house hand in hand. This weekend was a weekend of relaxing and feeling good. I give his hand a small squeeze and lean my head against him. He rubs his thumb across mine. I wish this moment would last forever.