Chapter 3

I wake up and find myself very hot and attached to Matthew. He looks so cute when he sleeps. I have a killer headache. I remove my body from his and get out of the bed. I go to wash my face. I hear him shuffle around in the bed. I know now he is up.

He comes to the restroom and starts to remove his pants to pee.

"If you have to pee I can leave the bathroom" I state.

"Sorry I'm not used to girls being here when I wake up." He pulls his pants back up.

I'm much offended. I'm sure he is used to the whole do and dump thing. I can't judge because I kinda was used to leaving before the guy woke up. Though I'm making an attempt to change and he is still one of those guys.

"Don't worry I'm leaving I don't want you to be uncomfortable" I say with a rude tone and a bit of sarcasm.

"I didn't mean it like that." He said grabbing my arm.

"Bye Matthew" I state leaving his room.

As I go downstairs I sneak out before anyone else in the house notices, thank god.

I get into my car and pull up my phone maps to find my house. I look at the clock. Man only 11:00.
I'm 10 minutes out from Matthews, and I realize I left my bra and I have his shirt.

"Shit" I mumble.

I don't wanna go back and he might not find my bra. He will probably just toss it or some shit.

I text my mom and tell her I'm coming home. She doesn't like me texting and driving but I'm stopped at a light so whatever.

I get home and open the door with my spare key.

I still have a headache. I'm so hungover and I need something to eat.

I walk in and my dad hands me a nasty looking drink.

"It will help your hangover." He says grinning.
"Mom won't know" he continued.
"Thanks I mumble siting down and putting my hand to my head.

I finish the nasty drink and head upstairs to take a shower when-

Buzz buzz
*you hungry?* it's from Carly
*yeah meet at corner bakery in an hour?*
*okay* she replies

I don't recall seeing her at the party but I wasn't there but an hour before I got wasted. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for immediately going to the boos. I hadn't drunk in 6th months before yesterday.

After my shower I put on some leggings and a bigger hoodie. I put Matthews shirt in my closet. I usually do my own laundry but sometimes my mom will throw my stuff in the dryer for me and I don't want her to think I immediately went back to my old self for the night. Which I didn't. We didn't do anything but sleep.

I finished getting ready and went down stairs into my parents room. My mom was stroll laying in bed.

"I'm going to eat with a friend"
"A friend?" She questioned
"Yes her names Carly, I'll be home by dinner" I said getting up to leave"
"Looks like you are making friends!" She shouted as I walked out.
"Bye mom" I yelled back.

When I got to corner bakery I grabbed a booth and Carly arrived not to late after.
"Where did you run off too so soon last night?" She said while scanning the menu.
"Matthews" I mumble.
"Hmm" she smiled.
"I got drunk really fast. And he offered me a room."
"All you did was sleep?"
"Mmhh" I hummed
"Wow" she seems shocked.
"What?"
"Usually he only takes sluts home, then just makes them leave."
"Well I could see that"
She didn't continue the subject and I'm glad. I order some soup and a panini.
"Why did you move" she asks
"Uhm it's kind of a long story."
"Oh" she sounded disappointed
"I wasn't a good kid, at all. I- i um". I stuttered and I got shy instantly
"You don't have to tell me now, just whenever you want or if you ever do."
"I will eventually"

Step by step. I tell myself. Once I can talk or even think about my past without feeling nervous I will know I'm completely over it. I'm not yet.

"Have you lived here your whole life" I break the silence"

"Yep, born and raised in Colorado."

"I'm kinda surprised Matthew hasn't texted me."

"Why?" I forgot I didn't tell her why I left so soon from his house.

"He told me he was used to every girl not being there when he wakes up, then told me it wasn't like that." I put air quotes around like that.

"He's an ass, though no one knows it."

"I figured" I reply.

"Speaking of the devil" I turn to see Matthew and Chase I think, Carly's boyfriend.

Chase points towards us and Matthew looks up.

"Can we sit" Chase asks
Carly looks at me and I nod.
Matthew sat right next to me and I scooted as far in as possible.

"What are you guys getting?" Matthew mumbles awkwardly

"Soup and a panini" I reply.

Matthew leans in and whispers

"I didn't mean what I said earlier"

"Why not I am probably just another one of your toys." I say a little louder than expected.

"No-" he's cut off by our waiter who has gorgeous hair.

"Here's your meal." He looks at me the whole time and I make sure Matthew knows I'm looking at the waiter.

"Thank you" I fake blush.

"Hey Carly I'm gonna go. I'll text you" Matthew moves out of my way and I brush past him.

"Can you ride with Carly" I hear Matthew ask Chase.

As soon as I step outside I feel Matthews hand on my shoulder.

"What the hell?" He asks
He has no right talking to like that.

"What Matthew" I mumble.

"You and your goo goo eyes for the waiter"
"Why do you care?" I'm glad he saw that I did in fact have "goo goo" eyes for the waiter.

"You haven't noticed I kinda fucking like you"
As the words leave him mouth I'm frozen.

"Oh" my voice cracks.
"Sorry I don't mean that." I'm sad he took it back. But then again I shouldn't care. I know he doesn't. I'm still not moving. Standing frozen. I finally turned to leave and he grabbed my hand.
"Unless you have feelings for me?" He asked it awkwardly.
This is like middle school. What does "like" even mean. I do kinda have feelings for him but I don't know him well enough. Well maybe I do. I don't know. I pull my hand away from his.
"I barley know you Matthew, I sure as hell don't have feelings for you" I walk away. He stands there and I immediately feel bad but I know I shouldn't.

"He doesn't like me. He wants to sleep with me." I have to repeat that to myself on the ride home.