18: truebloods

I slowly approached the lake and glanced at my reflection in the clear, ocean-blue rippling water

I don't know who I am, though. I don't remember anything about what happened to me before I was found, and it really hurts me.

I don't know anything about my parents either... I was a complete mess.

"Why am I so unlucky?" I whimpered as a tear fell down my cheek, "I just want to know who I really am that's all!"

I felt a sudden lapping of the river's warm water against my feet, as if it was beckoning me to come closer.

"Rumour has it that on the full moon, those who are lost can find their true selves if they come here" Yoongi spoke as he stared at the river. 

"Is this true?" I sniffed, and the water lapped me even harder.

It seemed to me the river wanted me to go inside. "O-okay"

I took slow strides into the river, until the water covered up to my neck.

I must be going mad with what I'm about to do, but I don't care anymore. I just want answers!!

I took a deep breath and ducked down into the water.

I opened my eyes, and my vision was quite blurry. I wasn't afraid of being underwater; instead, I felt blanketed by Moonrise River's embrace.

I waited a while and came up for air. Nothing's happening.

I ducked down underwater again and floated around.

Maybe this was a mistake. What am I doing?!

I waited a bit more and crossed my arms. This is stupid. This River isn't magical-

Just then, a beam of light in the distance caught my eye, causing me to turn to it.

What is... that?

The water began to bubble as the light brightened and blinded me.

What's going on?

I shielded my eyes as the light became unbearable and the fizzing increased, making me wonder if I'd been caught in an underwater volcano.

Awh hell no-

The light beam overcame my senses, and I fell into a slumber. 

A FEW MONTHS AGO:

"(F/n)... how long are we going to be able to protect (Y/n)?" My mother asked shakily as she clutched her large bag.

My father ran a stressed hand through his hair, "I-I don't know. I don't understand, how did they find out about us?"

"We were betrayed it seems" Mother sighed gravely.

My father wrapped his hands around mother and squeezed her hands. "I had a feeling this would happen sooner or later. We truebloods try so hard to live in harmony with humans... but it will never be enough"

"Sweetheart..." Mother breathed as she leaned against him, "Sadly, we can't stop everyone. We just have to keep fighting until the day we live in peace alongside humans..."

A painful silence followed as tears fell down my mother's cheeks, and tears brimmed in my father's eyes.

"(M/n) my dear, we will do everything in our power to protect (Y/n). Even if it costs us our lives" My father sniffed.

Mother smiled painfully, "Y-you're right. We will make sure (Y/n) will live away from this mess. Even if we don't make it, I'm very sure another Truebloods pack will find her"

"We'll do anything to protect her life..." 

THAT FATEFUL NIGHT:

"Do you have the bags?" Father shouted through aggressive pounding on our front door.

"They are here (F/n)" Mother responded as she grabbed our luggage. (Y/n) Come downstairs!!"

"Mum! Dad! What's going on?!" I cried, running down the stairs.

"There's no time to explain! Grab your phone; we have to leave now!" My mother ushered me downstairs and gave me my bag. 

My mother wore a stony face as her eyes swirled with fear. What's going on?!

"(Y/n) my dear, we must leave!" Mother spoke gravely as she gripped my shoulders with wide eyes.

I'd never seen my mother look so afraid before, but I knew her words were sincere.

I decided not to question her, so I threw my bag on my back and followed my parents out the back door.

I heard a group of people trying to break into our house from the front, causing a chill down my spine. I watched as our garage door opened up, and my mum sped off before I could even put my seatbelt on.

I barely managed to get a glimpse of the thugs as they smashed at our windows and door and screamed profanities I'd never even heard before.

"Mum! Dad! What is going on?!" I wailed as we continued speeding off down the road. 

Why were we being attacked? What are we even running away from? 

I was so frightened and confused as I glanced between my parents.

After what felt like forever, father finally turned to me, "(Y/n) my dear, I know you must be so confused. I don't have much time to explain, but... what I can tell you is that our lives will never be the same again"

"But why?!" I demanded.

Mother's eyes bore at me in the rear-view mirror, "Some bad people are after us because they have found out our secret. We are not like other humans, and that's why they want us dead"

I pursed my lips together as I listened, "I-I don't understand"

Father held my hands firmly, and I gasped as I realised his eyes were now staring back at me with a piercing yellow. 

"We are Truebloods, and that includes you, dear. We have the power of the wolves flowing through our veins"

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾ 𝓛𝓲𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓪𝓬𝓴 (𝓑𝓣𝓢 𝓧 𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻)☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•