Chapter 1

14 years later...

As word spread of the royal parent's death spread. A funeral of King Hades and his queen were held. The only thing left was their feared son, Prince Nicolas. Nico stared down lifelessly as the coffins sat at the end of the hall. His face pale, eyes dark and cloudy from the crys at night, his black as night hair with a grey strain in his hair, and sliver crown sat upon his head as he knelt down in front of the graves. His crys were muffled by the slow song that King Hades enjoined so much. His crys growing weaker and weaker. As minutes turned to hours, the prince failed to notice the day turned to the late afternoon. "Your highness..." said a soft voice that made Nico lift his head. He was met by soft sea green eyes, filled with tears. "Your Majesty... please come inside." A hand extended towards the prince as he looked up at his friend on the royal guards. The one and only Perseus Jackson. His father, Lord Poseidon, was a dear friend of King Hades, sure they had the occasional argument but, Poseidon was always loyal as is his son. The prince wiped his tear stained face and tried to compose himself. "Perseus... I didn't hear you come in." Nicolas sniffed. Perseus smiled and helped the prince into his feet. Giving the prince a faint smile, he held onto the prince in an embracing hug. "It's okay my ghost prince..." he whispered and the result was the prince crying into Perseus' arms. Perseus smoothed down the prince's hair and shushed him by whispering the simple things like, "Sh.. it's okay," or "Quiet now my ghost prince.." If anyone had walked in on then they'd suspect a foul crime of the two boys. a disgrace the people called it. "Percy..." Nicolas mumbled into Persues' chest armor. "yes?" he asked as the smaller prince asked in a tiny voice, "Please take my to my dorm.." And with that, the personal royal teenage guard took Prince Nicolas to his room.

Perseus sat at the edge of the black sheeted bed. Nicolas clutched onto a silk black pillow that his mother have given him when he was born. A prized poisson. Once it was missing and it was Perseus who found it outside in the gardens hidden between the rocks and roses. It toke the young guard, two hours of scratches, thorns inside him, and even a long and might I add deep bite from the royal dog, Mrs. O'leary. But rest assured to the prince, Perseus convinced the family it was his duty and he'd do anything for the prince. Even risk his own life. Nicolas silently cried as the other teen walked over and kissed his forehead. Nico eyes widen and literally jumped onto Perseus in an embracing hug. "Please don't leave me." He cried and Percy sighed holding onto Nico just as tight. "I promise. I will do the best I can." They both knew that wasn't a promise that any living mortal could keep. For there was a war against a neighboring kingdom, and Perseus was to help his father in fight. Percy had tried his hardest to find excuses to help the Hades Family. But after the death of the royal leaders. Percy was all Nicolas had.

13 days later

"No! Perseus! you can't leave me too!" Nico cried holding onto the now armed solider. Perseus' tear stained face gave a light smile, and gave the prince one more, and possibly last, hug. "I promise you. I will return. The death of my father will be avenged." Nico cried as he was pulled away. "No!" he screamed making the other guards carry him away.

"Perseus!"