Chapter 2

4 bloody years later...

"Your highness?" The maid whispered behind the king. Nicolas turned to the girl and stood. His black cape, sweated behind him, the same grey strain still in place, and his incredibly handsome features made even the cold hearted women blush. "Yes?" he asked her. She said in a quiet voice. "There is a solider here to see you." Nico rose a brow and walked down the hall to the throne room. 'No. It couldn't be.. surely not.' His thought rang with questions. When he entered he saw a face he'd missed for the past 4 years. The same sea greens eyes looked back at him, the same adorable smile that was just for him, and a voice he never thought he'd hear again. "Hello again your highness." bowed the man, called the one and only, Perseus Jackson. Nico stared back in shock. "P-Percy..." He asked walking slowly toward the hero of his kingdom. "The one and only." he smiled back as the king stop walking and his legs picked up speed as he ran over and hugged him. Not very king like, but Nico didn't care. The one person was back in his life. "I missed you too. My Ghost King." The king part made Nico laugh and tears fell out of his eyes. "Perseus Jackson, at your service." Percy gave a bow at the king, and Nico smiled at his friend. "Now, is my job still available?" Percy asked and Nico laughed once more. "Of course. Nobody replaces the famous Perseus Jackson." The king smiled as Percy bowed once more. "Than I am at your every beck and call My Ghost King." Perseus replied smiling. Nico laughed and Percy brushed the hair out of his eyes. "You must understand something my king." Percy said in a grim tone. Nico smile disappeared and his face turned to confusion. "And that is?" Percy sighed and pointed to the direction of the other kingdom they have fought. "There is a princess in search of a husband. Her name is Princess Annabeth Chase. You do know why I ask you this." Percy said the hurt on his face made it clear that he never wanted to ask this in the first place. Nico's face went pale and shock filled his face. 'I don't want to marry this princess! I love you!' The king's thoughts rang as he calmed himself down. "But.. But surly there is another way. I.. can't marry her." Nicolas said in disbelief. The words that came out of Percy's mouth killed King Nicolas more than any knife or sword could have done. "Then let me marry her." Nico looked up astonished his eyes full of hurt. "Pardon?" He asked as Percy's face turned away from the King. "If you don't marry her. I will. It's for the sake of protecting you my king." Perseus replied as Nico's eyes softened. He put a hand on the guard's shoulder and laughed, "No. You will not. Go see for yourself. She possibly already has a husband, my friend." Percy turned to face the king as a smile he got in respond. "Are you sure your majesty? What if-" he was caught of by a hug of Nico's. "No one's going to marry from an arrangement. If anyone is going to protect me. It's myself."