Chapter 2: The Child Mercenary

Just fifteen minutes after I arrived back home, Madam called for me. "Lune you have visitors." I shut my red book. That was surprising. I normally don't ever have visitors. Ever.

Inside the dining room, were the two men from the crime scene. Madam's eyes were really narrowed. It said everything. This had better not be about the money you stole last night. If anything you're the one to blame. I swear if you tell them anything I will kill you. What a drama queen. Through gritted teeth, I gave my visitors a small smile. "Ah, Ms. Lune Jennifer Aniston. I'm Sherlock Holmes. We have a business to discuss. Shall we go to your room." That was weird. How did he know my whole name?

In my room, I sat on the bed while the other two stood. Sherlock began talking at once.

"I am Sherlock Holmes. The world's only consulting detective. Ms. Aniston, I saw you at the crime scene. Children would never go to a crime scene. Unless you were too brave or stupid enough. I can tell you're not stupid. Thus you must have been a witness."

The other man seemed like he wanted to stop Sherlock but hesitated.

"Not many can climb a roof efficiently without getting a bit scratched up. You were trained. The way you tensed up when your caretaker looked at you. She told you to steal. How did I learn that you steal? You returned to the crime scene. I deduced the murder happened late at night. The toyshop was also robbed. You stole from the toyshop. The fury in your eyes is directed at the caretaker, not me."

I was a bit taken aback. This man was correct. Very nice. I smiled, "Well that's great. Let me guess what you're guessing. I know the face of the murderer and you want me to ask me questions." The shorter one shook his head. "I'm John Watson, John Hamish Watson by the way, Ms. Aniston. No, we clearly know who the murderer is. We also know he is in a gang that is bound to come for you. The chief of the police department assigned us to protect you from danger."

Sherlock sighed as if he was tired. "Just to let you know I can't stand stupidity. So don't do anything stupid and boring. God Lestrade can be such an idiot sometimes."

John looked at me. "I'm really sorry about Sherlock's behavior Ms. Aniston. But you need to come with us."

I rolled my eyes. This guy who pretty much deduced what happened last night without asking me any questions, he probably already knows I'm some sort of kid soldier trained by really bad people. "Yeah yeah. I'm going to come. You can call me Lune instead of Ms. Aniston. I'm going to guess we're going to be leaving right now but we are not going out the front door."

"Wait. Why are we not leaving out the front door?" asks John.

Sherlock and I looked at John like he was an idiot. We both said what we were going to say at the same time.

"Of course not! She hates Madam!" said Sherlock.

" I freaking hate that bitch. She would be beyond pissed if I left."I said.

John started to say something but stopped. He seemed to do that a lot. "Well if we won't go through the front door, where are we going to exit?" I smiled and opened the window in my room. "Sure is a nice day to be jumping out of windows today." "Lune we are on the third floor!" protested John. Did John really forget who I was? Without a second thought, I jumped out of the window. Landing on the floor was easy. When I looked up, Sherlock was starting to jump when John stopped him. "Sherlock we do not hate Madam. Nor would she be pissed if we left. We are leaving through the front door."