Chapter 113: The New Conflict (EP. 06)

"Damn it, Oskar. Why are you so good at this?"

"I happened to be the Duke's nephew, and gambling is just casual fun?"

The foul odor of mugged brewed ale roamed around the cozy, crowded tavern in a massive sea vessel sailing across the West Sea. The bartender modestly blew a ring of smoke before  putting down his pipe, grabbing a fresh white towel and wiping a wooden mug.

Several crew members growled roughly before eyeing the Duke of Weselton in a threatening way.

The ever avaricious Duke looked mortified before pulling a few bills of Krone from his pocket, sliding it over to the leader with a forced smile. He adjusted his monacle before smoothing out his toupee.

"You better pay us enough for this, Duke. This is practically illegal."

"Cut the aberration. What do you think of me? Like some kind of idiot who knows nothing? Stealing is a minor issue. They may have seen you but I have enough cash to bail you all out of jail." The Duke condescended.

The tattoed crew man laughed tauntingly, "Don't get so confident, boomer. What if you fail in getting those riches you talk so fondly about?"

"Now that is just blurred. The King of Arendelle does not expect the little advantage we picked up on the way from the North."

"You mean Big A. Now how will that move the fire freak?!" A shorter man protested, informally chugging on his mug.

"Oh, you boys just have to wait and see. It'll go exactly as I planned. And with my most skilled swordsman nephew here with us, surely nothing will go wrong. Arendelle doesn't even have a proper military army."

The hooded figure sitting before the Duke of Weselton's nephew shot the menacing crew a dirty look, "Are your sea crew always this distasteful? And this ship is just cheap. Ale? What about some wine?"

Oskar growled lowly in annoyance, slamming his fists on the furniture before snarling at his comrade in a brusque way, "You shut it, tramp. You may be our advantage; you may be uncle's confidant, but that doesn't mean you can bluntly complain whenever you want. You go overboard, you go off the plank. Got it?"

The mysterious figure blinked its foreshadowed green irises, a faint outline of a scar running through his left eye can be recognized as the dim, yellow light reveals even a bit of his slightly pale cheek.

"Crystal. This feels just perfect. That fire brat won't know what's coming in his way. I don't know about your uncle, but exploiting the kingdom's riches is just a bonus. You see—"

The anonymous stranger quickly snatched the sheathed dagger from Oskar, quickly unsheathing the impressive, curvy blade as contempt crossed his hidden features.

A wrinkled photo of the current King of Arendelle is nailed sloppily against the tavern wall, the stranger twisting the weapon deliberately before it darted out of his grasp.

It darted out of his grip before piercing through the photo's neck.

"... Bloodshed is the main gold."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Alright men! Anchor up! Heave!"

"HEAVE!"

A buff group composed of Northern, Coronian, Arendellian soldiers hastily gathered all their strength and pulled up the rest of the remaining shackles from the salt water which rocked the lead battle ship back and forth. The humongous anchor finally landed on the quarter deck's wooden floor.

Aiden's face consisted no alacrity. And the General of Arendelle shares this behavior with his former prodigy. The fire king sat calmly on the bowsprit, balancing his weight so casually as if nothing will go wrong once he moves the uneven way.