Chapter 2- Growing Up Was Bright

Notes:

Ed short of Edward is Sim

I gave him this name because is Tony middle name... Tell me if you want it to change

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 years old

It was dead in the night, the Stark household was silent and asleep with the exception of a certain toddler that was trembling from fear with his eyes wide full of tears.

He had just woken up from a nightmare and to make matters worse his night light was turn off.

Covering his head with the cover the four-year-old clutch his teddy bear to his chest trying to be brave like his big brothers but the sound of a branch hitting his windows was the end of the straw making Peter bolt out of the bed running to the room of someone that would keep him safe.

And that's how Tony woke up with his little brother at the entrance of his room clutching his teddy bear with all his strength.

"Hey Petey, what's the matter?" he asked lifting his head in worry.

"I had a nightmare! Can I sleep with you?"

"Of course, Pete, come here" Tony said lifting the cover allowing Peter to jump in the bed laying the close to Tony as he hugged the boy.

"I tried to be brave" he said.

"You're the bravest in the world" Tony reassured the toddler as he combed his soft curls massaging the boy to sleep once again.

7-year-old

The two brothers stood in front of the expensive private school with a small Peter squished between the two holding their hands.

The later, was not that happy to be there, you see today was his first day on a school to Peter as he would enter the first grade, initially he was excited but no one had told him he would have to leave his brother all day so when he knew that fact he was set in mind that he hold not set a foot on that school or any school for the matter, his brothers and father could teach him everything he needs to know.

"I don't want to go" he said tears building up in his eyes as he clutches into the straps of his brand-new backpack from his favorite carton.

"It will be fun Petey. You will make new friends learn new things" Ed said to him hugging in the process and wiping his tears.

"I'm going to miss you" he said sniffing.

"I'm going to miss you more. Be brave for me okay?" he said kissing his cheek.

"We will be here when you come back, we will even bring daddy with us! How's that sound?" Edward said trying to negotiate with the little one.

"And we go to McDonald's?" Peter asked timidly.

"And we go to McDonald's" He said agreeing "Now go on we don't want you to be late for your first day."

Nodding Peter went inside the school and with a little wave he disappeared inside the school.

"He's growing up so fast."

10 years old

It was Saturday afternoon; Howard was walking in the hallways deciding to see how was his younger son doing seeing as he did not encounter him all afternoon.

Opening the door of his room he finds a frustrated Peter sitting on his desk in front of a book.

"What are you doing Pete? " He said startling the boy that did not hear his father coming.

"I'm just doing my homework" he said turning his attention back to his book.

Seeing how his son was clearly having trouble with his homework he decided to help him. Pushing a chair to sit next to his son he offered help.

"Do you want some help Peter?"

The boy stopped for a while as if he were embarrassed of saying that he was having a hard time understanding what was in front of him.

"Yes, please" Peter said turning his father who smile and proceeded to explain the work to his son.

"Why didn't you come looking for me or your brothers for help?" Howard asked when he was done explain the work to his son.

"I should understand everything, I don't want for you to think I'm dumb." The youngest said looking at his hands.

"Oh Peter, you're the smartest boy I know, besides there's nothing wrong at asking for help, you know that your brother and I are always happy to help you." Howard told his son hugging him close.

"Thanks dad"

13 years old

Slamming the door open Peter entered the house with his uniform full of mud not even sparing a look to his family, that was sitting on the couch looking at him with a look of surprise, ran upstairs with tears in his eyes.

Seeing the boy state, the three rushed to the teens room to see what happened.

When they entered the room, the boy was sitting on the bed sniffling the tears.

"Hey, Petey, what happened?" Tony asked approaching the boy.

"Nothing!" he said looking down a sign that he was lying.

"So, you decided to jump on a puddle?" Ed asked in a playful tone that had Peter shrugging his shoulders fighting back more tears.

"Son, you can tell us what happen we are a family" his dad said sitting down in front of his son.

"It was a kid from school" Peter whispered when he said that the air around the room was tense.

"Who Peter?" Ed asked mad that someone had dare to hurt his baby brother.

"Flash" he said after a while.

When he said that the family exchange a look as if they were having a conversation.

"Don't worry angel he is not going to lay a finger on you again." Tony said hugging his brother not carrying about the dirt that was ruining his suit. His twin and father followed suit beginning a family hug.

"You good?" Tony said after a while of hugging his brother.

"Yeah "Peter said whipping his tears with the back of his hand.

"Go on take a shower then son" Howard said directing his son the bathroom as he had some business to take care with his sons