The Meeting

I still couldn't believe that I had agreed to meet up at the beach, at night, with a boy I had just met. But anyway, somehow I did, and I'm not going to chicken out now.

My family's 'curfew' is nine o'clock, so I should be home in time.

I look over at my clock and read that it is 7:00. Since he said seven or eight, I'll just be there in-between.

I hop off of my bed after shutting my computer down and walk over to my vanity.

I'm wearing a floral romper, because it's about 900 degrees outside since I live in Los Angeles. I comb out my long blonde hair and decide to add more 'oomph' to its natural waves.

I don't know why, but I was thinking of this almost like a date, because I didn't really know what it was.

By the time I finished my hair it was around 7:25. I grabbed my windbreaker just in case, and stepped out of my room.

I walked into our shoe room. It was about the same size as my room and filled to about the brim with shoes. (What can I say, there are eleven people living in this house) My mother 'created' this room after one rainy day, when instead of being sensible human beings my family acted like animals and didn't take their shoes off and traveled around the house in their muddy shoes.

You probably can imagine the outcome of that.

I looked around and finally find my pair of brown toms, slid them onto my feet, then vanished out the door.

By the time I stepped off of the city bus it was exactly 7:30 and I smiled knowing how coordinated I was. I looked around and finally spotted a familiar brown head of hair and trotted over.

"Hey" I said wringing my hands.

"Oh! Hey Taylor," He responded smiling brightly. "let's go inside."

Apparently 'inside' was going into Café Lompé, (Very french I know) and ordering smoothies. All we did was talk. Just talk. About quite a lot of things, like what we like to do for fun, what were our hobbies, etc. It was pretty fun I must say.

When it was eight (time really does fly when your having fun) and I was about to leave Justin said he had to ask me one last thing. "Wanna do this again next Friday?"

I almost died right there on the spot, and all I could do was nod my head and smile.

I couldn't believe this.