Chapter 001 - The 64th

Dakota Peterson

Hey my name is Dakota Peterson i'am 19 and my life has been a complete shit show

Hey my name is Dakota Peterson i'am 19 and my life has been a complete shit show. First with my mom still inna coma due to a fentanyl overdose and my father ditching us all together. I never thought I was good enough for college but I saved enough for it. I go to school in Baltimore at Coppin State University it's a cool little school. I was always in the streets but used the money wisely and always had my head on strong you have to because living in a place like Chicago it's easy to fall in the cracks and become like your surroundings.

I drive down the bumpy road I drove from Baltimore to here all by myself it but anything is possible with music. I make a left as the tunes played. I drove for a couple more minutes as I was at my friends house. I get out my car as I head to my trunk. I grab my suitcase and purse as I lock my door. I giggle with the keys as I found the right one. I open the door to her house as I head upstairs to my room as I put everything down. I walk down the steps as she was right there. I run and give her a hug.

Simone hugs me tightly. " omg Dakota you didn't tell me you were coming".

I sit on the leather sofa as I turn on the Tv. " yeah I'am here for summer break that's about four months" .

She pouts two glasses of wine. " girl I missed the hell out of you" .

I look around the house. " so where you work at house seems upgraded" .

She sit next to me. " girl i'am in hair school but I work as an apprentice hairdresser" .

I smile. " that's great feels good to be here got tired of roommates" .

She takes a sip. " bitch we gotta go to Dayvon's fresh out party on friday"

I scrunch my face. " Simone I'am not getting involved with that" .

She chuckled. " since when you don't fuck with Von" .

I sit my glass down." It's not that it's just  we fell out and I think it was for the good" .

She crosses her arms. " like you wasn't trippin over him in school making sales with him".

I lay my head down in here lap as I scrolled down my phone. Time goes by as I start to feel hungry.

I sit up. " girl I'am hungry as a bitch" .

She laughs. " same what you want to go get" .

I put my shoes on as she did the same. "lets go to umm southern blues" .

She puts on a light jacket. " sure you driving cuz I don't feel like it" .

I walk out the house tucking my gun in my purse. " Okay".

I get in the car as I let it sit and get ready a bit. I speed off as I drive down the road with several pole holes. I continue for six minutes as I make my way to the soul food joint. We get out as go in the place. I stare at the menu for a good few minutes as I finally decide on what I want.