Search

Jeongguk always believed the most beautiful omega to walk the earth, was his mother. She had a kind smile, with vibrant, brown eyes to match such a visage. Her hair was long and softer than anything Jeongguk ever felt before, the color of chestnut decorating the strands. Jeongguk couldn't remember ever encountering a blemish on her face, always walked with a grace that was unmatched.

Jeongguk was proud that such a breathtaking omega was his mother, and if anyone so much as dared to disagree, they would have to deal with a rather proud and stubborn child.

Well, not child, he was a grown wolf, despite what the others said.

But there was one thing that Jeongguk had not been expecting; something that crossed his vision and captured his attention in a manner that gave birth to new, unexplored emotions within his heart. He wasn't sure what it was that he was feeling, but there was no denying the way his stomach erupted with fluttering feelings he couldn't quite decipher.

The small wolf had been at his mother's side as she conversed with another omega, simply drifting through the village for a bit of trade and social interaction. It was something they did often, his mother gifted with a charm to befriend many, therefore, visited villages often in order to catch up with friends.

However, on this visit, Jeongguk's attention was captured with little to no effort, his large, brown orbs growing even wider upon seeing the boy darting across the village grounds. Never had he seen anyone that exceeded his mother's beauty, yet, Jeongguk couldn't help but feel his wolf halt, stare, and imprint on the breathtaking image of a stranger in a heartbeat. The boy was already on his feet, having scrambled up from the ground as he continued to gaze at the other boy, catching the sight of his retreating figure.

Jeongguk only managed to catch a glimpse of the other boy's lovely features, but it had been enough for a startling need to go after him to settle within his person.

With his heart pounding against his small chest, Jeongguk quickly turned to his mother, tugging at her skirts. "Mama..."

A momentary pause fell between his mother and the person she was visiting with, turning to gaze at her son. "What is it, pup?"

"Mama, can I go play?"

He wasn't surprised at the way his mother's expression changed to something of mild confusion. Jeongguk rarely left his mother's side, especially when they were in a village that was not their home. The young wolf didn't have any friends, and given his linage, he was always regarded with caution, as if they feared in disrespecting him or his mother.

Jeongguk always struggled with the loneliness, but at the same time, he found comfort in it. He knew who his father was and even though his parents were not mated, Jeongguk didn't miss the way his father would gaze at his mother with undisputed affection. The Grand Wolf visited often, but not enough for Jeongguk to really feel any connection to his father.

He was shy, kept to himself a lot, and when he tried speaking, the young wolf was always too soft-spoken. One would think the Great Alpha of the North would feel some type of embarrassment for having a son that was quite gentle-hearted, but all Jeongguk ever witnessed was a look of pride that radiated from the alpha.

Jeongguk was always told by his mother that he was a son the Grand Alpha was proud of, and that he was expected to do great things. Many great things.

At such a young age, Jeongguk couldn't quite grasp what his mother meant, but he didn't protest; he trusted his mother.

But right now, Jeongguk couldn't bring himself to keep at his mother's side. His wolf was riled up, he needed to go find the boy; to meet him, to know his name. He wasn't sure what the feeling was, and he was too scared to bring it up to his mother, for fear of having her ask him too many questions.