Scorned

"Wake up, you useless Omega. Wake up!" The woman's sharp cry had Jimin stirring from his sleep, groaning softly as he rolled over his pelts, his back aching after having slept at an odd angle. It's not liked the pelts really provided any real protection against the hard, cold ground, but Jimin made it work.

He had hoped to sleep more, given the fact that he stayed up late tending to some weaving close to a dying fire; Jimin wasn't allowed to really mingle with the rest of the pack, so he often rustled out of his hut closer to the evening time. Otherwise, Jimin was away from the village tending to drying pelts and helping the other omegas fish.

Every morning, Jimin would head down the river to wash up, tend to fish traps, and take a haul back to the village. However, there would already be omegas waiting for him with perfectly woven baskets, taking his catch and only giving him a meager share. Jimin wasn't allowed to go into the village until sundown, but even then, other wolves stayed clear from him.

Jimin was an omega, but he was a male; an atrocity.

Male omegas were not unheard of, but they were extremely rare and unprecedented. Honestly, it wasn't anything to be proud of; a male acting like a bitch in heat was a grand shame. Jimin arrived at the village with nothing but the furs on his back and he was almost chased off, had the elders not needed someone to help the omegas with all the heavy lifting while the alphas were away.

It was literally the only reason why the kept him around, and Jimin still couldn't believe he still stayed, putting up with all the scorn, the mistreatment. Living in the mountains were harsh, however, and Jimin didn't think he would be able to survive on his own without a pack. He knew how to hunt, but he didn't have a stamina that matched that of an alpha.

He wasn't built like an alpha either, despite being male; he was stuck in between. Jimin was taller, stronger and faster than the omegas of the village, but he was shorter, slenderer, and slower than all the other alphas.

Whispers followed him everywhere he went; the older omegas barked orders but no one of his age dared to mingle or talk with Jimin. He was warned to stay away from the other alphas, to not do anything that would otherwise trick an alpha in anyway, as if being with Jimin was a sin in its own.

That was the problem; Jimin wanted a mate. He's been wishing for a mate ever since he presented into his respective role. He was heavily disappointed when it turned out he would be an omega for the rest of his life, hoping that he would present and run among his alpha brothers. But as time passed, he noticed his stature, how his body didn't change like all the other males in his previous village, how eyes began to glance at him differently.

Everyone had a rising suspicion; some already avoiding him long before he ever presented. Jimin knew he should have mentally prepared for such a thing, but he wasn't ready for the isolation, the coldness that came from the scent of his first heat.

He could remember the way his younger brother struggled to get him back to the hut; taking care of him and providing for him until Jimin's heat ceased.

The omega had been grateful, would always be thankful that his brother went out of his way to look after him, despite everyone telling him to abandon Jimin, to no longer associate with him. And at first, Jimin thought he could live with the burden of being an omega, but when his brother began to be treated just as badly as him, Jimin knew he couldn't stay.

Jimin had to leave and even after his brother cried for him to reconsider, the omega knew that his brother wouldn't be able to have a normal life with Jimin at his side.

Leaving him behind was agonizing, his only friends being the wolves of the younger generation, children who had yet to distinguish between what the village considered right or wrong. Jimin could still remember their laughter, the way they touched and played with his hair, begging him to join them in the river. If his fate had been different, Jimin couldn't help but think he would be happy.