||EIGHTEEN - BABY SHOWER||

Tatum's POV

I'm sitting on my bed at my dad's, listening to music, the next morning. When, the door opens, and Betty comes in. I take my headphones off, and put them on the bed next to me.

"Oh, my God. Are you okay?" Betty asks. She runs over to me and sits next to me on the bed, and she hugs me tightly. "Kevin called, he told me what happened. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." I tell her. She pulls away from the hug. Betty puts her hand to the side of my face, and she caresses the bruises on my jaw.

We look at each other in the eyes, and she smashes her lips onto mine. She climbs onto my lap, not breaking the kiss. Her hand is still over my face, and the other it on my hip.

My right hand goes to the side of her face, and the other goes on her thigh. My hand travels up her thigh, and she doesn't seem to mind.

It seemed like we were going to go further, but there's a knock at the door. She breaks away, and we smile at each other before she climbs off of my lap, and onto the space next to me on the bed.

"Tatum? Can I come in?" I hear Dad's voice from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, Dad." I say. He opens the door, and is surprised to see Betty sitting on my bed.

"Oh, hey, Betty." He greets.

"Hi, Mr. Andrews." She replies.

"I just came to say that breakfast is ready." Dad says.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute." I smile.

"Betty, do you want to join us for breakfast?" Dad asks. I turn to Betty.

"I really should be going..." Betty trails off.

"Come on, Betty. It's fine." I say. She nods. "We'll be down soon, Dad." He smiles one last time, before leaving, we didn't say anything until we heard him going down the stairs.

"Have you told them, about us?" Betty asks.

"Not yet." I answer. "Shall we go?" She nods, and I take her hand before we go downstairs.

-----

We go to Pop's later on, and I need to tell Veronica about what happened. Betty and I come in, and Veronica is already sitting in a booth waiting for us.

We slide into the seat opposite her, and she looks up, and sees my face.

"Oh, my God. Taty. What happened?" She asks. So, I explain what happened last night, and halfway through my explanation, Jughead comes, and sits in the seat next to Veronica.

Then, the Pop's bell sounded, and Archie comes in.

"Dude, what the hell? I've been texting you." Archie says to Jughead, and sits in the seat next to me, so he's looking at Jughead.

"Archie, Tatum and Jughead just told us what happened yesterday." Betty says.

"Though I checked out at the words 'construction' and 'site'." Veronica points out.

"Moose and I are going to the Southside to find those Serpents? You in?" Archie asks.

"Whoa, hey. You didn't say it was the Serpents who beat you and Moose up." Betty says to me, and me alone.

"Because, we don't know that for a fact." I say.

"Well, it's still worth a shot if it might help Dad." Archie replies. "Kevin's boyfriend can get us in."

"Get you in where?" Veronica asks.

"To some bar where the Serpents hang out. If Moose spots them, we call Sheriff Keller and get these goons arrested." Archie answers.

"Archie, the Serpents are dangerous." Betty says. "They're drug dealers."

"What? Says who?" Jughead asks, clearly not buying it.

"Polly." Betty answers. "Remember? Trev told us that Jason was dealing drugs? It was for the Serpents."

"You heard my dad, Jughead. Clifford Blossom is trying to torpedo him. Sheriff Keller basically blew him off right in front of us. Somebody needs to do something." Archie says, and then gets out of his seat. He throws his Bulldog jacket on. Not a good idea if you are going to the Southside.

"Archie, going to that bar is a bad idea." Jughead says.

"Jughead, Tatum, are you coming with me or not?" Archie asks. We both stay silent. I don't wanna get my ass kicked for a second time. I'm more safe at a baby shower. "Thanks for having my back."

He then walks out of the diner, to go to the bar, no doubt.

-----

(A/N Outfit for baby shower is in description)

Soon, we have set up everything for the baby shower, and guests begin to arrive. I take the last stand of cupcakes, and place it on a table, which happens to be right next to where Betty's standing.

She puts a hand on my arm, and kisses me.

"You're sweet to organise this. I know this isn't really your scene." Betty says.

"What? Organising a baby shower? It was totally on my bucket list." I joke. She smiles at me, and her eyes go to the door, where her mom just came in.

"Mom?" She says. Betty leaves my side, and goes over to her sister, and mother. Then, to ruin the sweet moment Polly and Alice were having, Cheryl bursts in.

"We're here!" She exclaims. She is pushing in a stroller. "No big deal. It's only the best stroller money can buy."

"So expensive." Polly states.

"All I ask in return is that you name me your baby's godmother." Cheryl says. Betty had told me earlier that Polly had asked her to be godmother, and I thought I was really sweet. "Kidding. So not kidding."

The party's soon in full swing. Nana Rose, predicts that it's twins, and one of each. Then, Polly opens presents. She shares a meaningful one with her mom, and she opens the Blossom one next.

At that moment, Archie comes in the apartment. He makes a beeline for Jughead, and Betty and I sense that something bad's going to happen, so we go over there too.

"Archie." Betty says, when we're next to them.

"Did you know Jughead's father is a Serpent?" Archie asks.

"No." Betty answers. I already knew, because he made a deal with my stepfather, and he was talking with my mother, and was wearing a Serpent jacket.

Veronica is next to us now.

"That's why he tried to stop me from going to the bar. So I wouldn't find out. After everything my dad has done for you--" Archie starts.

"Archie, I can explain, okay?" Jughead cuts him off.

"Not right now. This is Polly's day." I say. "So, you two need to check yourselves, I mean it." Veronica takes Archie away, and I walk away with Betty.

The Blossoms invite Polly to stay with them, resulting in an argument between Alice and Penelope. Then, Polly gets involved and tries to break up the fight.

At the end of everything, Polly decides to move in with the Blossoms, instead of moving in with Betty and their parents.