||TEN - FINALLY||

Tatum's POV

I was in the Blue and Gold room with Betty, Kevin and Jughead. Kevin told us that someone had broken into their house while they were at the drive-in, and stole all of the files about Jason.

"This is how my dad had his Jason Blossom murder board before it was trashed." Kevin told us, after we'd finished putting it together.

"Any leads on who did that? And what they were looking for?" Jughead asked.

"Nope. No fingerprints." Kevin answered. "But they stole a bunch of files, background checks, and all the video and audio tapes of police interviews."

The door opened.

"Oh, hey, Betty." The boy at the door greeted.

"Trev, hi." Betty replied, smiling widely.

"Sorry to interrupt, but--" Trev started.

"Oh, no. It's okay, we're just working on--" Betty began.

"Our murder board." Jughead cut her off.

"Well, I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow." Trev said.

"Absolutely. It's a date." Betty stated. I felt the smile fade from my face as she said those words. Kevin shot me a sympathetic look. "I mean, I'll-- I'll see you there. Bye." Trev then left, and I could feel myself glaring at him as he left the room.

"Going on a date with Trev? Does Mama Cooper know about that?" Kevin asked her.

"Kev, I'm not on house arrest." Betty replied. "Okay she's out of town at a Women in Journalism spa retreat. Anyway, I mean-- It's not a 'date' date."

"You just called it a date." I pointed out, the sad look on my face showing. "You literally said, 'It's a date'."

"That's just my cover." Betty defended. "Really, it's an intelligence-gathering mission. We should focus on the one thing we have access to that your dad doesn't, the kids at Riverdale High. You know, maybe Trev knows something about Jason he didn't think was important." 

Kevin and Jughead leave, and I'm right behind them. But, before I can leave, Betty grabs ahold of my wrist. I turn back to her.

"What?" I asked her, an obvious annoyed tone in my voice.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked me. I move and stand leaning against the desk.

"Sure." I sighed, and crossed my arms. She shut the door, and walked over to where I was already standing. 

"What was that? Why are you so bothered by Trev?" She asked me.

"You're going on a date with him." I answered.

"It's not a date--" Betty tried to tell me.

"Right." I cut her off, and I rolled my eyes.

"What is it? Really?" She asked me, and turned her head to the side.

"Fine." I sighed, and ran my hand through my short hair. "Did that kiss mean anything to you?"

"Of course it did." She answered, and smiled at me. She took a step forward, closer to me.

"Do you feel anything towards me?" I asked her.

"I'll do you one better." Betty replied. She leaned in and kissed me. I straighten up, and deepened the kiss. 

Her hands go to the sides of my face, and my hands go to her hips. Then, the door opened, making Betty jerk away from me.

"I just left my phone." Kevin told us, smiling. He stood there looking at us, smiling.

"Kevin?" I grab his attention, and he looks at me. "Your phone."

"Right." Kevin realised. We both laugh at him. He grabbed his phone, before leaving. And, he shot us one last smile at the door.

Then, Betty turned back to me.

"Is your thing with Trev, like, a date?" I asked her. She laughs at my jealousy.

"No." She responded. I leaned in and kissed her again. We both had smiles against each others lips, and stay making out until the bell rings for our next class.

-----

Jughead decided to tell Veronica about Betty's 'date' with Trev, which was amazing. We were currently walking along the bleachers over to where Archie was sitting.

"Betty, you're positively radiating Nicholas Sparks." Veronica commented, and Betty and I exchanged a quick smile. "Tell me everything about this Trev."

"Oh, there's nothing to tell. Just one of Betty's sources. There's nothing romantic in the offing." Kevin answered for her.

"Why is everything weird here? Why can't a date just be a date?" Veronica asked.

"What about you, Archie? How's life in a PG world?" I asked him, changing the subject from Betty's 'date'. Everyone looked at me. "PG? Post-Grundy? What, too soon?"

"Coach Clayton says I have a shot at being varsity captain, so, I'm not thinking about anything else right now." Archie told us.

"You're back to being boring." Veronica commented.

"Are you maybe throwing yourself into football as a way to avoid your feelings?" Betty asked him.

"I'm not avoiding anything, Betty." Archie answered. "I'm trying to get my life back on track." Then, Valerie came down, and sat next to him.

"I can help with that." She'd said. "I know Ms. Grundy was tutoring you--"

"Understatement of the year." Veronica cut in.

"But, there's this amazing songwriter from New York who's an adjunct at Carson College. Incredible mentor. He does some coaching on the side, and I told him about you." Valerie continued. "You wanna meet him?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'd love to, but football--" Archie tried to protest.

"No, Archie can, and he will." Betty interrupted.

"Can him if you want. But, do it soon, his spots fill up fast." Valerie told him, and put a piece of paper with his number in Archie's pocket.

"Thank you, Val." Archie thanked, and then she walked away.

"Hey, now you have zero excuse for avoiding music." Betty stated.

"Sorry to interrupt Sad Breakfast Club." Cheryl's voice came from in front of us. She began to hand out invitations. "I'm here to formally invite you to Jason's memorial at Thornhill this weekend." 

She handed the last one to Veronica.

"To my surprise and chagrin, Mother added you to the guest list." Cheryl pointed out. "In case you're tempted to steal our silver candlesticks, don't. We'll be searching bags." 

Cheryl then walked away. Veronica looked honestly a bit sad.

"Hey, try to remember, she is burying her brother." Betty told her.