||FIFTEEN - ROOMMATE||

Tatum's POV

The next night, I'm sitting on the couch with Mom, and Veronica comes out, all dressed up for a party. She sits down to put her shoes on.

"Where are you going?" Mom asks her. "And, don't say clubbing. It's a school night."

"But, that's exactly where I'm going, and do you know why?" Veronica questions, but Mom already knows. "Because I have a Get Out of Jail Free card."

Mom deeply sighs. "Okay, Ronnie, enough. Checkmate. What do you want?"

"For you to admit what you did." Veronica answers.

"Fine. I kissed Fred Andrews." Mom says.

"No, Mom, the other thing." Veronica says. Other thing? "It involves you forging my signature to get Fred Andrews that stupid contract to build on Dad's land." Wait, what?

"Veronica, I asked you to sign it--" Mom starts. When my dad got the contract, I assumed Veronica did sign it.

"You broke the law, Mom." Veronica states. "And you used me to do it. When Daddy finds out, he's gonna think I betrayed him."

"He won't. I will tell him." Mom assures.

"Really?" Veronica asks. "When? Right now? Because I'll cancel my plans for that."

"You know it doesn't work that way." Mom says.

"In that case, I'll talk to you later. My friends are waiting." Veronica replies.

"Where was my invite?" I ask her.

"I thought you'd be too busy with your girlfriend." Veronica answers. "You know, making out with her."

"Shut up, Veronica." I respond, rolling my eyes. Then, Veronica leaves.

"Ronnie, do not go out that door." Mom demands. But, she already did.

Veronica and Mom made up last night, so everything was alright between them. For now. I'm at school, and I'm talking with Betty and Archie, when Jughead comes past, being escorted by Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller.

"Call my dad." Jughead says to us as he passes.

We spend the day at the sheriff's office with Jughead. His dad doesn't show up, so my dad took care of it.

We're walking out of the station, when the Serpent who made the deal with my mom and Hiram comes over, calling Jughead's name.

"Who's that?" I whisper to Betty.

"That's Jughead's dad." She explains.

After a very tense and emotional few minutes, Jughead goes home with us, to my dad's, to stay.

-----

Betty had sorted it out that Polly would stay with the Blossoms, she just wanted to talk with them first.

I'm currently sitting at Pop's with Betty, Polly, Veronica, Archie and Jughead, awaiting the Blossoms arrival.

"The Blossoms should be here soon." Betty reassures Polly. "Once we've talked things over with them, we'll call Mom and Dad. Are you nervous?"

"I'm thankful." Polly answers. "At the home, the sisters said each of us had a guardian angel. And you're mine, Betty." They share a smile, and then the door opens.

And, Cheryl Blossom comes in. Alone.

"Cheryl." Polly says, and stands up. Cheryl's eyes go to Polly's pregnant stomach. Her hand reaches out, but she stops herself.

"I'm so sorry about Jason. I know how much you loved him." Polly says, and she rubs Cheryl's arm. "He always talked about how much he loved you."

"Cheryl, where are your mom and dad?" Betty asks, after looking back at the door.

"You have to leave. Now." Cheryl tells Polly. "My parents, I don't think they want to help you."

"What are you talking about?" Betty asks.

"They want you out of the picture, Polly." Cheryl continues. "It's not safe for you with them. It's not safe for Jay-Jay's baby."

Polly turns back to where we're all sitting, a worried look on her face.

"Where am I supposed to go?" Polly asks. "I can't go back to the attic."

"No, you don't have to, Polly." I speak up, then look at Betty. "Don't worry about my mom, Betty. She'll wanna help."

We head back to the Pembrooke, Veronica, Betty, Polly and I. We ask Mom, and explain the situation.

"Of course you can stay. As long as you need." Mom reassures her, a smile on her face. "Anything for Alice Cooper's daughters."

"Thank you, Mrs. Lodge." Polly says.

"And thank you, Tatum." Betty adds, looking at me. I smile at her.

"You're welcome, girls." Mom says. "And, please, now that we're going to be roommates, Polly, it's Hermione. Come. Sit. Make yourself at home."

They leave to show Polly her room, and I stay at the door with Betty. She takes my hand.

"Thank you, for this." Betty says.

"It's okay, Betty." I tell her, and take her other hand. "Besides, I want to make one of your family members like me." She laughs, then smiles at me.

I put my hand on the side of her face, and caress her cheek. Then, she leans in and kisses me. Her hands go to above my hips, and I lean into the kiss.

After a few minutes, she breaks away.

"I should go now. I need to talk to my parents." Betty says.

"Okay." I nod.

"And I don't want to be involved in this conversation." Betty adds, and I turn to see Mom, Veronica and Polly all looking at us.

"Okay, bye, Betty." I say and wave her off.

"Bye." She smiles.

She closes the door behind her, and I turn to where they are all staring at me.

"I know who your secret girlfriend is now." Mom says.

"Just to say, I knew it was Betty all along." Veronica points out.

"Of course you did." I roll my eyes.

"Yes, Kevin told me how he saw you two making out in the Blue and Gold room." Veronica argues. My eyes widen.

"Kevin told you?" I question, and she nods. "That bitch."

"Language." Mom comments. I roll my eyes again.

"So, I'm going to go now." I say, and walk past them into my room. So, my mom knows about us now, by accident.

Now, we'll have to announce it to our friends at school, and my dad. And, her parents probably don't know either.