||ONE - RIVERDALE||

Tatum's POV

We stepped out of the limo, to see an apartment we've never been to before, but my mother apparently owns.

"Now, brace yourself, the apartment's small, a pied-à- terre but quality always." Mom told us, and Veronica and I both said 'Quality always' at the same time as our mom. 

"Plus, it's the only piece of property in my name, and not Hiram's." Mom continued. We entered, and the entire lobby, I think was bigger than my dad's house.

"Miss Hermione." Came a voice, and a man came over to us. "Welcome home."

"Smithers!" Mom exclaimed. "You are a sight for sore eyes." She kissed his cheek.

"How was the ride?" Smithers asked.

"No traffic, thank God." Mom replied. "Smithers, I'd like to introduce you to my daughters, Veronica and Tatum."

"It's a pleasure." Smithers said, and shook both our hands in turn. "I'll get the bags."

"Would you?" Mom responded.

"Oh, and would you like some menus, ma'am, so you can order in?" Smithers asked.

"Oh no, I've been craving one of Pop Tate's cheeseburgers since noon." Mom answered. "Is his Chock'lit Shoppe still open?"

"It was last time I was here." I answered for him.

"What is a Chock'lit shoppe, and why does it sell burgers?" Veronica asked.

-----

I dragged Veronica to Pop's, to pick up our order. When we got inside, I noticed Veronica staring at none other than my brother, of whom she's never met, and him staring back at her.

"Do you know who that is?" Veronica asked me.

"Of course I do, it's my brother." I smiled. "You get the order, I'm gonna see Archie."

Archie was looking at Veronica, and didn't even notice me to begin with.

"Archie." I said, and he turned to me.

"Tatum? What are you doing in town?" He asked me. He slid out of the booth and hugged me, then I slid in next to him.

"We've moved here, officially. So, you'll be seeing a lot more of me." I answered.

"Archie? Who's this?" The girl sitting opposite him asked. She had a blonde ponytail, and beautiful green eyes.

"Oh, right. Betty, this is my sister, Tatum. And Tatum, this is my best friend Betty." Archie introduced. I smiled at the girl.

"But, you look so..." Betty trailed off.

"Different? Yeah, I know. He takes mostly after his mom." I explained.

"I called in an order for Lodge." I heard Veronica say to Pop Tate.

"Three burgers? Yeah, almost ready, but you gotta wait." Pop replied, then walked away. Veronica approached our table.

"Hi." She greeted Archie.

"Hey." Archie responded. I slapped him around the back of his head. "Ow, what was that for?"

"Stop staring at my baby sister." I demanded.

"How are the onion rings here?" Veronica asked the table.

"So good." Archie answered.

"Can we get some onion rings too, please?" Veronica asked Pop. He agreed, and she thanked him. "Do you guys go to Riverdale?"

"Yeah, both of us. Together." Betty answered, and the same time, Archie said. "Yeah, we're sophomores."

I think it was quite obvious, that Betty was crushing on Archie from the way she spoke, and was jealous of Veronica swooping in.

"I'm filled with dread." Veronica stated.

"Why is that?" Archie asked her.

 "Are you familiar with the works of Truman Capote?" She asked. "I'm Breakfast at Tiffany's but this place is strictly In Cold Blood."

Archie and Veronica laughed, but me and Betty didn't.

"Veronica Lodge." She introduced herself to Archie.

"Archie Andrews." Archie greeted, and shook her hand. "This is Betty Cooper."

"Wait. Are you--?" Veronica asked.

"Supposed to give you your tour tomorrow? Yes." Betty continued for her. "I'm your peer mentor."

"Do you wanna join us?" Archie asked. "Maybe we can un-fill you with dread."

"Our mom's waiting for us." I answered for her. "So, we better go."

"But, to be continued." Veronica stated. 

We headed out of the diner, and started the walk back to the Pembrooke, where we were now living.

"Right, Veronica." I started, and she looked at me. "No crushing on my brother."

"I'm not..." She trailed off. "And, it's clear that, that Betty girl likes him like that."

"Yeah, I know." I responded. I saw a sign for Elm Street. "I should go and visit my dad. Do you want to come?"

"Sure, why not." Veronica agreed. We turned into Elm Street, and over to my dad's house. I knocked on the door.

"Archie, did you forget your keys again..?" He asked as he opened the door, but stopped when he saw me.

"Tatum!" He exclaimed, and hugged me tightly. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, we've moved here, for good." I replied. I then turned back to Veronica. "Dad, this is Veronica."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Andrews." She greeted, and shook his hand.

"Please, call me Fred." He told her.

"So, we were just stopping by. We need to get back home." I told my dad.

"Oh, okay." He responded.

"I'll see you soon though." I smiled at him. "Bye."

"Bye, Tatum." He returned, and waved as we walked down the pavement.

-----

When we arrived back home, we ate our burgers, and then started to unpack our basic stuff. There are three bedrooms in our 'small' apartment. Which all had connecting bathrooms.

These rooms were quite big, a lot bigger than my room at my dad's. I unpacked my stuff out of the boxes. 

My mom, and sister both had a lot more stuff than me, and are a lot more used to this fancy lifestyle. While Veronica's dresses and handbags, I'm leather jackets and backpacks.

Veronica, naturally, took the biggest room, and I gave the next biggest to Mom, leaving me with the smallest out of the three. Still big.

After unpacking some of my stuff, I changed into pyjamas, and climbed into my bed. I don't know why, but that night, the only thing I dreamed about, was none other than Betty Cooper.