two

My body was on fire, limbs aching and bruises forming in places I didn't think I could bruise

My body was on fire, limbs aching and bruises forming in places I didn't think I could bruise. Lexa had proved for a challenging sparring partner, even when she was taking it easy on me, and I had never been more thankful for Titus saying we were done for the morning than when he did.

I was about to follow everyone else to the baths when Titus held me back, making me groan internally. So close.

"You have a visitor," he said, making me raise my eyebrows with surprise. "Y/S/N?"

"Y/S/N? She's here?" I felt my stomach clench with excitement, not expecting to see her again let alone so soon.

"Who is she?" Titus asked, eyes narrowing.

I answered, though tried to hide my impatience. If Y/S/N was here, I just wanted to see her as soon as I could. "She's my sister."

"The one who aided your parents in hiding you," he realised, making me press my lips together with frustration. "Well. If I were you, I wouldn't let her distract you from your training here. Clearly you could use the extra work."

I refrained from snapping back with a curse-filled insult. "Where is she, Titus?"

Titus sighed as if I were a massive inconvenience. "By the entrance to the tower. You may see her, but then you must shower and snacks will be available in the dinner hall. Don't be late for your workout later."

I nodded, hanging around for a few more seconds in case he said anything else. He didn't, and when he raised an eyebrow judgementally, I took that as my cue to leave. I tried to remember the way back to the entrance of the tower, every hall and corner still resembling one another, when finally I saw a familiar figure standing outside.

I ran up to her instantly, ignoring the guards watching our every move, and pulled her in for a hug. My body definitely wasn't thanking me at the sudden impact, but I didn't care. All I cared about was Y/S/N.

"Y/N, you're okay," she breathed out over my shoulder, arms wrapping around my waist.

I didn't realise how emotional I was seeing her again until I pulled away with tear-filled eyes. "I thought you wouldn't come. I didn't think you'd want to see me again."

"Don't say that," she said, glassy eyes looking between mine. "You're my sister and I love you. Of course I'm here."

I smiled with relief, not knowing I needed to hear that as much as I did.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there," she said, frowning guiltily. "They came and I– I wasn't there..."

"It wasn't your fault," I said, squeezing her hand. "You couldn't have stopped them. I should have been more careful... Y/S/N I'm so sorry. I tried to stop them from..." I paused, choking on my own words.

"Mum and dad knew what would happen if they found you," she tried to reassure me, but a tear slipped from her eyes and I knew she was still grieving like me. "We all did. I'm just sorry we couldn't keep you safe."